iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finding a logger ??

Started by Alan, January 10, 2001, 08:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

How do you contact a logger through this forum ? I have 40 acres of cedar and spruce that I would like to have logged off but cannot find a logger to do so . Any info would be appreciated .

Jeff

Allan,

The Forum can be a good place to find some help, but you will have to give us a location. Did you try the Search functions at http://www.timberbuyer.net/buyersearch.htm ?

There is a key word search, and a listing by county.
Most Timberbuyers and Foresters work in a wide range of counties, the county search will list a company by it's home base. This is simply a tool to look at a lot of contacts.

Keyword search will look at the text on our member's pages. This is the preferred method of searching. You can enter criteria that applies to your needs.  

Just because a contact is located near you, doesn't necessarily mean they are the right contact for you.

Member loggers have a contact page where you can contact them with your info.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

marty

Alan what I did was to contact several loggers in my area. Then I got with them and I asked for references from them and of course the best price I could get for my wood. The fellows I got did a fantastic job and I would have them back in a flash. On thing when you decide get a contract with the loggers you choose and make sure all details are iron out before they even start such as clean-up fixing road when done. Good luck in your search......marty

Jeff

Excellent advice Marty! On The Network we have several pages for reference on finding a logger.

Yourwoodland
Timber Sale
Questions to ask Loggers
Questions to ask references

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!