iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Major changes coming

Started by Jeff, November 07, 2011, 06:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on December 17, 2011, 05:59:01 AM
It is done that way intentionally from the post page so a person can actually see the code go into the post as they post a photo.

But for some reason, mine is full size tonight, and it will not reduce down.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Then you are not opening it from the add gallery image under the post box.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Oh yes I am.  The only way I ever open it to add a picture to a post is clicking on the blue "Add Gallery Image" line below.  It now opens full page and clicking the reduce button in the top right does nothing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

This is what I can do in Firefox

Popup window

Drag tab from popup to main Firefox widow bar to make it tab. You see a ghosted image as I drag the tab.

Resize the popup window

Works as it always has.

Magic there must be something in your windows settings that are altered or some conflict with a Firefox add-on. Don't know what to tell you or where to look.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Your first picture is what mine looked like before something happened.  It's probably here, but no updates or changes were made yesterday.   :-\

Magicman

I'm working on it.  Sometimes if I move the upload window over to the right it will reduced itself to the proper size.  Next time I open the Add Gallery Image, I have to do it again.  Sometimes it reduces and sometimes not.

beenthere

MM
Be sure to reboot the computer as the gremlins moving about over time may be causing some of the problem.
Otherwise, keep keeping on. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

The only other thing I can think of that would cause that, is if you have a text zoom going.  The window is called via a script to be of certain proportions. If it is not, that means something in your personal settings is over riding it.

Magicman

If I have a text zoom going I wouldn't know it or how it got there ??

I did a reboot, pulled the plug, & pulled the battery.  Then I did a system restore to a previous date.  I know that this is probably something that I did, I just need to "un-did" it.

Jeff

IN Firefox   View/Zoom/Reset

Magicman

Jeff

Its not anything that should mess you up, so I am inclined to say. LIVE WITH IT :D ;)

Magicman

Yes Sir, I'm OK, and have figured a way to keep it small (I hope). 

Thanks for the ° and fractions.   :)

Magicman

From IE everything works correctly, so the problem it is a Firefox issue (I guess).

Not only was the "Add Gallery Image" opening "full page" the [more] was also opening full page.

Jeff

Many times, if you resize a browser window manually, but grabbing the sides, then closing the resized window, the next time you open it, it will be that size. Also, if you click the Little boxes icon beside the red X icon, and expand the window to full screen, and then close it, next time you open it, it will be full screen.  I think your answer is, open the window, resize it to where you want it to be, then close it. it should be that size when you open it again.

Magicman

I did that Jeff.  I can close it small, but it will reopen back full size.  The little box beside the red X will not reduce the window size.  The only way that I can reduce it is that sometimes when I catch it and move it to the right it will reduce.  If I then close it small, it will reopen full size.   :-\

It works as it should with IE, but anything that is simple is not simple.  With IE, I have lost my spell chheckker.   :-\

Maybe someone knows of a spellchecker add on for IE ??  Or better yet, I need to fix my Firefox.

I guess that I could remove it and reinstall, but I do not want to have to go through adding my bookmarks and tabs, etc.   But I guess I can 'cause I still have my bookmarks CD.

Jeff

Your shouldnt loose your bookmarks. They generally stay.  Did you check to see if ther is a newer version you can go up to? That might also fix the issue. Just reinstall.   Usually if you click Help, then about firefox, it will give you the ability to upgrade or update.

Magicman

OK Jeff, I see what you mean by grabbing the side and reducing it.  That works very well, and is quite satisfactory with me.  That is until whatever happened gets fixed.   :)

Magicman

OK on the reinstall and bookmarks.  I'll explore that.

Magicman

I checked my little problem after each of these steps:

I first updated Firefox.

Then checked all of the plugins and updated them.

Next I uninstalled Firefox.  (There was a button to not click if I wanted to maintain my settings and bookmarks.)

I then reinstalled Firefox.  (I will stay with Firefox because of the spellchecker.)

My little glitch stayed the same, but at least I now know to just catch the edge and move it over.  Simple enough.

Magicman

Well doggie, now I have clicked the "view full page" and lost all of my option  stuff.   :-\

beenthere

MM
You will adapt, just like you always do and do so well. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Thanks for you confidence, but I gotta figure out how to undo that "view full page" thing I clicked.  I can't back up or anything.  All of my stuff across the top is gone.   :-\

Magicman

Warbird

Yup.  F11 is your friend, as long as you remember it.  Otherwise, it's your enemy.