iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Your age

Started by bigsnowdog, November 06, 2011, 09:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsnowdog

I have been pleased to see a lot of older folks here, it helps me to not feel so old. I also want to believe I can be active for a very long time yet. I am 61 years young and still working in the trees. I love it, and I believe it keeps me healthy.

dnalley

Some of us put our age in our profile.  Others don't ???

Jeff

Yup, that information is already supplied by those that wish to supply it. It will appear within their profile as well as on the posts :)   If you click on your profile button and then look to the left for the link "Forum Profile Information", you can add your birthdate, which is what adds your age, and what ever other information you would like to add.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

smwwoody

8) still a young guy i think
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

BOBWOOD

I think good honest work keeps a fellow young...My father is 77 and still goin strong...just gotta keep him outta the tractor bucket when felling trees  no_no and he should be good for a long time yet! BOB

bigsnowdog

Why does he get in the loader bucket, to get higher in the air?

I do that.

Piston

I'm still a kid.  Hope to stay that way.   ;D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Chuck White

I'm 62 and I'm doing pretty well.

My FIL is now 75 and still runs his Wood-Mizer LT40G18 manual mill.  So, he's doing good also.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

BOBWOOD

Quote from: bigsnowdog on November 06, 2011, 09:13:32 PM
Why does he get in the loader bucket, to get higher in the air?

I do that.

Yup...He was cutting trees from around some buildings and stuff at the local fair grounds this summer and needed to get higher up I guess...I did not witness this myself...my brother told me about it. BOB

treefarmer87

still young, and still got ALOT to learn ;)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

celliott

Quote from: treefarmer87 on November 07, 2011, 06:18:04 PM
still young, and still got ALOT to learn ;)

That's one benefit of us young guys hanging around here- everyone has so much knowledge to offer, whether it be forestry related, or life lessons, we can learn alot if we so choose to use the knowledge gained.  I like to just browse through all the topics, read them, and chime in occasionally when I got something to say.  I like to learn though  :)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Taylortractornut

Couple weeks away from 32  now.   Learn something new everyday iffin Im lucky.   
My overload permit starts after sunset

pineywoods

You can't teach an old dog new tricks

You never get to old to learn, well almost, If you do, you might as well go sit on the porch and wait for the grim reaper..
I learned something today. Bought  a wire welder couple of years ago, never could get the hang of welding with it. Welds look like where a tomato worm crawled...Tried welding a busted chain binder today. EUREKA, it worked, I finally figured it out. smiley_sidelightbulb
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

wvwoodchuck

I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care. 8)

I'm 36, but feel 3 times that sometimes.  This is a great forum. There is a bottomless well of knowledge here.

RynSmith

I'd like to give celliott a 'like' button, even though I'm pretty sure I don't qualify as a 'young guy.'   :)

Magicman

I need adult supervision.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

acco1840

26. Started milling at 13.

Piston

My grandfather turned 93 yesterday  8)
A few weeks ago when I was up visiting him I told him I would go clear some overgrown brush for him because I didn't want him doing it.  Before the saplings were even hitting the ground he was lugging them over to the brush pile.  Next thing I know I hear an engine start up, I turn around and he's firing up the generator!  He's triple my age and i can barely keep up with him!

I guess that is why he's in the shape he is in at the age he is at.

God bless that man!  I really look up to him.  ;)

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

WildDog

Piston your grandfather sounds a lot like mine, him and dad were in business together, he used to wear dad out with the hours he put in. I remember grandpa retiring when he was 65 bought a nice cabin cruiser and a holdiday house on the coast, sold the boat within 3months and the holiday house went next so he could get back to work. He died last year at 93yrs and then dad was let off the hook and retired to his farm. Never seen dad happier :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

forest.c

47 here still a spring chicken realy !
forest.c

Norm

I'll have to 2nd Piney on never too old to learn. Every day on here there's new things to absorb, love it!

DaveP

75 and still going.  Got to stay active  Thinking about buying a MS660 because it is less weight then my old Jonsered 920.
                       Davep

Magicman

I am thankful for the tired and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means that I am still capable of working hard that day.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Lambee10

My 12 year old and I work on his math while I take him to school.  H ;)is favorite is figuring Board feet in his head.  I give him a materials list and tell him to go to it. 

Keeping up with him keeps me young... 8)
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

KBforester

26. I like the mix of ages on this forum. Now all we need is more women.
Trees are good.

madmari

Spoken like the young bull........
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

chucker

54 and feeling every pain of it! cant wait till tomorrow to add a few more....
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

Magicman

We will be friends until we are old and senile.  Then we can become new friends.   :)

Side loader

I do enjoy this forum. I'm 48 and never too old to learn.  I enjoy learning whats going on in other markets and picking up on new ideas.
Side loader log truck w/492 Detroit, bell super T feller buncher, Barko 160 with JD power, Kubota M4900 with brush raker grapple on front and shop built bunching grapple on back. JD 350B Dozer; JD 548D skidder;  and a couple of saws.

Thank You Sponsors!