iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-classic 1400 Cleaning heat exchanger

Started by upsnake, November 02, 2011, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upsnake

What do you guys use to clean the hx on a 1400? It doesn't have the individual tubes like the 2300 have (or at least i think they have).

I got three tools from CB, a wonder bar, a hoe, and "pole" with the welded tab on the end to clean the air holes.

Thanks. :)
Jay

Dean186

My unit came with a specific tool for cleaning the furnace's heat exchanger.  It worked only fair.

I have a much better tool for cleaning the heat exchanger.  I will try to post some photos of the tool.  It is a tool that can be purchased at your local hardware store.

Dean

baloo75

Dean,
Any updates on what tool(s) you use???

Dean186

Here are some images of the scraper that I use to clean the heat exchanger of my E-Classic 1400.  One should be able to find this tool at most hardware stores.  It measures 7 inches across.

I have sharpened the tool and increased the bend.  To clean the left side of the rectangular heat exchanger, press handle to the right.  This gives leverage to apply pressure to the left side.  Hard to describe, but easy to figure out.  It does a very good job and much faster than previous method.  The image on the right shows the angle that works well for me.  It also works well to clean up the walls in the reaction chamber.  I use it at end of the season to clean creosote off of the firebox ceiling and walls.

Thank You Sponsors!