iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New sawmill negotiations

Started by spalmer0316, November 01, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spalmer0316

Does anyone know if sawmill manufacturers(woodmizer, timbering, norwood, etc) will negotiate on the costs of a new mill. ?

Papa1stuff

1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Jeff

I'd be willing to bet they will offer you a great product in exchange for a fair price just like they do all of their customers.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ronwood

I do not believe Woodmizer would. Tried it when I bought mine 8 years ago.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

logboy

Not sure how true it is, but I've been told that WM does their own financing and has more than a few repossessed mills at the moment. I've been told you can get a decent mill by paying what is left on the loan for a mill (ran into a guy who said he got his this way). Again this is what I heard through the grapevine.  I'm not standing by it.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

MartyParsons

Hello,
Some great deals on Wood-Mizer mills under the current promotion. We all work under the current promotion $. You should contact your closest WM Authorized Sales Center for WM.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

YellowHammer

I agree with Marty, seeing as how I just signed a deposit on a new mill with them (Georgia Office Woodmizer) this week. I got many thousand dollars, yes thousands, back on stuff that wasn't advertised.  Things I had already priced came back as free.  They also added a "deal maker" discount, I won't say how much it was, but it was a deal maker.  What impressed me most was that I had "over optioned" or over accessorized the mill, and the Woodmizer guys talked me down from buying extras that I didn't need for my mill configuration, saving me almost another thousand bucks that they could easily have taken from me, and I would have never known the difference.  Also they worked hard to help me save money on the little things, like blades, so I could run the new mill with left over blades from my old mill.  Oh yeah, they even threw in a couple hats. 

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

mometal77

Try baking cookies could not hurt.   Jams n jellies work just as well for me. :)
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Cedarman

When buying a capital item (one used for making money) the most important is buying the equipment that will do the best job for that goal.  A truly good company listens to their customer and will do their absolute best to match the equipment to the customer's needs.  When this happens the cost of the equipment becomes secondary. If you know the mill is the best fit, then you are much more likely to purchase blades and other stuff.  We have spent way more on blades over the years then we have on the mills we have purchased.
There is nothing wrong with getting the best price possible though for the mill that will do the job.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Meadows Miller

Gday

I am with Cedarman completely on that statement and with new mills you generally find most good mill makers are asking a fair and reasonable price for their equipment they have on offer and like people have said Mill builders are more likely to throw in afew things to make a deal ;)  ;D 8)

Negotiating on price comes into play more with second hand equipment in my honest opinion and there are some bargans to be had if you know what you are looking at and know how to read someone well and come to an agreement on price  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

mjl_2007

You could also check to see if they have any demo mills for sale. I bought my Wood-mizer with 8 hours on it for a discount.

Wife

Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Thank You Sponsors!