iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LogWrong Frankensplitter...

Started by zopi, October 31, 2011, 09:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

So, after I won the huskee splitter the other day, I took my old northstar amd cut the foot off of it (That was fun..)  ::) and welded it back on as an auxiliary table, and welded in a vertical wedge, cut an old  hundred pound propane tank in half lengthwise, cut the ends off and welded half in as a catch pan for the wood to slide off of...tested it amd promptly went back amd added a brace to it....welded a piece of channel to the original wedge for a pusher...butt ugly junkyard construction...but it is now about twice as fast..noodling a four way now...but I am satisfied..
Having both types of splitter just rocks...can use the new one to break monster rounds up on the ground amd get them stacked to start seasoning until I get to splitting them to final size..and the horizontal only makes the work so much easier..it is not even funny...if you split alot of wood, and use a horz/vertical machine, I highly recommend you try a vertical wedge horizontal only sometime...
Sorry, no pics...we are off the grid, as far as the internet goes, and my phone will not resize...plus you cannot laugh at my junkyard construction...it looks like am early Franklin skidder that got burned and pushed off a cliff into a salty swamp...but it works... lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Coon

Hey if it is ugly then none of your friends will try to borrow it  :D ..... but then again if it is too ugly maybe someone will steal it for scrap.  ::)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

zopi

Quote from: thecfarm on November 01, 2011, 08:03:56 AM
I love to look at "junk".
>must resist temptation< lol

The scrap comment is appropos...fellow down the road had the only complete Turner Pony circle mill that I have ever seen..scrap thieves stole it...
I wish he had sold it to me when I asked, but it was his father's so I did not press the issue.
Still makes me mad.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!