iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Birthday Tom on the 25th!

Started by CHARLIE, November 24, 2001, 06:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Well, tomorrow is the first day of the last year Tom can claim to be in his fifties! :o :o  Tomorrow is also the day that Tom is again 2 years older than his little brother. ;D ;D Tom really doesn't look all that old....not as old as he really is....but he's well worn. If he was a car, he'd be being driven by a 16 year old delivering pizza. He'd have a cracked windshield with a couple of newer mismatched doors, and maybe a fender, from the junkyard. :D :D Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Brother Tom! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

L. Wakefield

Happy birthday Tom! Your birthday is the same day as my sister's. And your car persona, so well described by brother Charley- well, we're kindred cars in the spirit. My chassis is worn, my odometer's turned over at least twice, and I suspect my block may be cracked. I KNOW I'm a lowrider. Just keep those wheels spinning.. :D   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

RavioliKid

Hey, Tom!

Happy Birthday!
 8) 8) 8)
Do you have plans for The Big Day?

Have fun!
RavioliKid

Tom

Thanks Ya'll
Yep, tomorrow I began my 60th year.  I don't feel any different than any other day.   Perhaps age is kinda like a sunburn.  You play around in the sun till you get too much, then you start to feel feverish and tired and hurt so you go inside where, later, you really begin to hurt and start to fall apart.  If that's the case then I'm kinda at the end of the playing around part because I'm starting to hurt a little bit.  Like when I was five I won't come in  "just one more pitch."

I did get to sleep late this morning and then a neighbor called asking for help with a ditch to lay drain line in.  I took the backhoe over there and started digging when a steel hydraulic line broke.  I have spent the day trying to get it fixed or fix it myself but can't.  I have been unable to find anyone who can flare 3/4 inch steel line.  I tried several times to heat it with my torch and drive a round peening bar into it but never could get it straight.  The last time I tried, I buggered up the threads on the reducer so its off to NAPA tomorrow for a hose to temporarily replace the steel line. Tomorrow I will be on the backhoe all day.

I got home in just enough time to help with the cooking fire out back.  Looks like I'm having a big steak for supper.  

I was told to go get a bath........"and use soap".  

Thanks for the Birthday wishes, the thought feels good.

woodmills1

really nice to see another 1951 model
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Ron Wenrich

TOM   60

Just a little virtual party.  Have a good one.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Tom

Whoopee.......Yee Hi-i--i----i----i

woodmills1

if i could only read! :D happy b day to a 1941 model then :)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Ron Scott

Tom,

We're close on days. Mine was November 24th.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
~Ron

Papa Dave

Tom, sorry I am late, but wanted to wish you Happy Birthday.
Hope all is well and you made it through the age change fine. :D :D :D :D

Bill Johnson

I too send a belated Happy Birthday 8)
Bill

DanG

Yeah, Happy Birthday, Tom.  I know its a day late, but what's one day out of 21,551? ;-)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

swampwhiteoak

Happy belated b-day from me too.

May your next 60 years be as good as the last ;)

Tom

21,551 DAYS ??

No wonder I'm having such a hard time.  Jeez, I'm old.  'Course maybe all I need is a tuneup.  Most old cars don't start running ragged until about 50, 000.

"You know how you can tell your having a good day?"

"No, how can you tell".

"When you get up in the morning and put both feet on the floor".

"Oh,  then what if you can't put your feet in the floor?"

"Then  wakin' up is good enough."    8)

Thanks everybody.

Happy Birthday Ron !
[/size]

cointoss

:)What can I say Tom, just a couple days late and a dollar short as usual!
cointoss

timberbeast

Happy Birthday,  late,  Tom.and Ron!! 8) 8) 8) ::) :D :)
Where the heck is my axe???

Papa Dave

Hey Tom,

I told some folks the other day that if you are over 50 and wake up and nothing hurts, you are going to have a good day.

:D :D :D

Texas Ranger

A belated happy birthday, you young whipper snapper.   Same to Ron.  It is a good day when your eye lids open, both at the same time! 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!