iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snow Already

Started by motohed, October 29, 2011, 10:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motohed

They have  a weather forecast for a nor' easter here in New england for up to 6" of snow today in Rhode Island  ! This is way to early for me . ugh  >:(

T Welsh

motorhed, I,m in PA and its sticking to the ground right now!! I plow snow and had to put the snow plow on last night after work, just in case I have to go out later, I dont know how much we are going to get, this is a strange one for sure! all I have to do is jump in the truck and go if it happens :D. Tim

Ironwood

3" here an still coming, east of us, 10" in the ridges, 12-14" higher elevations in WVa.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

fuzzybear

been snow for about 3 weeks now. Temps steady around -5c. Winter was a little late this year.
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

SwampDonkey

Sometimes I just gotta wonder at you guys.  Act like it's never happened before, getting as bad as the news. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

I'm just glad it isn't here yet. Had flurries and some light snow but no heavy accumulations. But our 200+ inches is coming.....

motohed

We don't ussually see snow along the sothern New England coast this early , I think the last time was in 1989 closer to mid November . I  wasn't ready to be called out this early to plow !

bill m

It started snowing here at about 1:00 pm and we have almost 4 inches now. They are forecasting 10 to 14 inches by tomorrow morning - not good. Most of the trees still have their leaves. :(
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

bull

We have snow, its coming down at an inch an hour already and the forcast is calling for a foot or better were just below 1000 ft !!

bull

first tree has bitten the dust about 14 ft tall locust with a real bushy top....  now snapped off at 5 ft !!

SwampDonkey

It has turned overcast here, but haven't seen a snow flake.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

T Welsh

Your right, way to early for this white stuff, but that,s mother nature for ya! Just got the call to get in the plow truck and hit the airport first and then see how much of the wrap around effect we get. it stopped snowing in E.PA for about 2 to 3 hours ago,now we are getting about an inch an hour,then nothing,then its a white out again :D. I like snow,its another pay check for me ;D Tim

motohed

Quote from: T Welsh on October 29, 2011, 05:16:52 PM
Your right, way to early for this white stuff, but that,s mother nature for ya! Just got the call to get in the plow truck and hit the airport first and then see how much of the wrap around effect we get. it stopped snowing in E.PA for about 2 to 3 hours ago,now we are getting about an inch an hour,then nothing,then its a white out again :D. I like snow,its another pay check for me ;D Tim

+ 2 for me

Marc Thornton

For those that don't think it is funny, the leaves are still on the trees!

Snowed a bunch here too, over 10 inches when I came in at 6PM and it hasn't stopped yet.  Only 3 times in recorded history has it ever snowed a measurable amount in the month of October and the most ever was less than 3 inches.  It is really incredible. 

We were without power for 9 hours.  The leaves are still on most of the trees and the snow is heavy and wet, a really bad combination.  You could actually stand outside and wait and hear limbs or whole trees falling every couple of minutes.  It is crazy. 

Holmes

We have a foot of heavy wet snow now at 11pm in Royalston Ma.. Waiting for the power to go out. I guess I'm not playing golf tomorrow. Holmes
Think like a farmer.

T Welsh

Just got in from plowing. I will call it a pain in the a-- snow ,wet ,heavy and I had to go out type of snow. way to early for our region. I am not a predictor of weather but it makes you think when it comes in like this, I was watching the radar all along and I would have not called this one, 30 + years doing this. MINI ICE AGE COMING :D Tim

SwampDonkey

I've seen lots of permanent snows in October before up here, but it's been a few years because the ground has to be frozen. But it seems if you get a lot of snow like that the weather turns cold and stays cold. Two or 3" and it will melt off and turn mild. I'd like to be able to cut brush for at least 2 more weeks.  ::)

I see some light snow now, but it's turning to water as it hits because it's above freezing.

sprucebunny

New record for the date in Concord, NH. 13.6 " The previous record was point 2" set in 1952.

I hope it melts. I'm not ready. My plow truck is still waiting to be fixed ( since June ..... That will teach me to give that mechanic/welder the summer to fix something ! )
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SwampDonkey

Oh well, you've always got that tracked ATV. ;D :D

bill m

17 inches total and we haven't lost power yet for more than 1 minute.

zopi

Thirty four here and a hard frost...time to sweep the flues..

I sort of hope all that snow doesn't melt too fast...thoos floods awhile back were pretty bad up there...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

bill m

Already the snow has settled over an inch.

SwampDonkey

Wow that's quite a dump of snow.  :o

It began here before daylight and has barely covered the ground and tree limbs with a light coating. It's coming down now as well but very light. Just making stuff wet.

I put my snow tires on yesterday, so it had to snow. ;)

WDH

Wow Bill, that is just not right  :).  Thanks for the pics and I hope that you can plow yourself out. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red

wdh  i was wondering how your roof did . . .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!