iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree Benefit Calculator

Started by Ron Scott, October 28, 2011, 11:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Tree Calculators Show How Much Energy Trees Can Save

The Tree Benefit Calculator allows anyone to make a simple estimation of the benefits individual street-side trees provide. This tool is based on i-Tree's street tree assessment tool called STREETS. With inputs of location, species, and tree size, users will get an understanding of the environmental and economic value trees provide on an annual basis.

The Tree Benefit Calculator is intended to be simple and accessible. As such, this tool should be considered a starting point for understanding trees' value in the community, rather than a scientific accounting of precise values.

http://www.treebenefits.com/calculator/
~Ron

bill m

An interesting tool but I can see where it could be very misleading to the average homeowner who may use it. So much of a trees value to a landscape depends on many factors including ( but not limited to ) where it is located in relation to the house, shape, structure, health, and how it has been cared for in the past. These are determinations only a licensed consulting arborist can make. I could not see where this program takes this information into account but it still could be used to establish a base line for where to start.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!