iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

U tube videos ? Bibbyman

Started by leroy in kansas, October 26, 2011, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leroy in kansas

Had time this weekend to view some of the videos some of you all have put up. Very interesting.
Question for Bibbyman, It appears in the video that your mill sits on an encline. Is this an illusion or is there a reason??

Bibbyman

Quote from: leroy in kansas on October 26, 2011, 11:09:28 PM
Had time this weekend to view some of the videos some of you all have put up. Very interesting.
Question for Bibbyman, It appears in the video that your mill sits on an encline. Is this an illusion or is there a reason??

The Wood-Mizer is level. 

The mill is setting at a slight angle inside the building. Why? Mary's doing's.  She thought it worked better that way.  I just figured it was some feminine touch to the "arrangement".

The building is setting on a hillside at a lower level than the road that runs in front of it - maybe 3' lower.  We live in the hills and there is very little level ground and this was where I was allowed to put the building. 

Besides, most all the old circle mills were setup where everything flowed downhill. Our first mill was a manual LT40.  We had a "dead deck" set up to ramp logs up onto the mill.  Or, since it was down hill, the deck was level with the mill and made it easy to roll logs onto it.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

leroy in kansas

Awsome. Thanks, I'm always wondering how others have things set up. The videos help give a general idea of the different operations.

Thank You Sponsors!