iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another man's junk.

Started by Woodchuck53, October 26, 2011, 04:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodchuck53

Scored a good fined this month. Had to go to work 2 days early for a mandatory class for my job. Bad enough in it self, but class was only 6 hours or so and left me with a lot of day light on my hands. I found a truck salvage in the local phone book and went to go see.

When I pulled in I noticed right off I was in heaven because of the size of it. I got permission to go look at their inventory and found several parted out dump trucks with 9 speed. Road Ranger transmissions.

Well I crawled up under a few and found a complete 8 bolt pto, drive line and frame mounted pump on a wrecked Mack. 14 yard. This is what is keeping me from mounting my loader on the Ford 8000 I bought last year. Well explained to the guy what I had found and that I would like the air controls and the heavy duty pintle hitch off the back as well and what did he think he would have to have for it all.

We talked back and forth a little and I may be wrong but I thought $500.00 plus 8% was pretty good for a scrounger like me. And he guaranteed it. I think he knows I'll be back. Know way I could buy that new right now.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Dan_Shade

awesome find!

A good junk yard find is awesome
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

pigman

There are no "junk yards", there are recycle yards. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Meadows Miller

Nice Score  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Quote from: pigman on October 26, 2011, 08:23:00 AM

Thats Spot On Mate  ;)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Autocar

Love those junk yards also  :D !
Bill

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: pigman on October 26, 2011, 08:23:00 AM

I don't know, Pigman, if there are no junk yards, how to you explain "junk yard dogs"? And I KNOW junk yard dogs exist cause I've been chased by a whole pack of them...

Herb

Den Socling

It's simple. There is good junk and there is bad junk.  :D

pigman

You are correct PC-Urban-Sawyer, recycle yard dog just doesn't sound right. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Woodchuck53

Made another score at the 'yard' and found a complete Dana 60 1-ton rear end, springs, hangers from the frame and all 6 wheels for 200.00 even. This came off a Dodge 3500. I like this place. They are checking on a steerable air tag axle. What price would be good for this you think?

On a different note they have a 2006 Ford 1 ton with the 6.0 diesel, primo steel bed and all 6 tires are almost new. They took it in on a trade and don't want it. There is something wrong with the motor. Not sure at this point. They will sell it to me as is for a 1000.00. I know they had a lot of problems with this series motor but then I've heard also that there has been good luck with them so not sure what to think. Any ideas?
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

WH_Conley

Buy it. Swap engines if nothing else.
Bill

Meadows Miller

Id buy it piff the wiring harness and put a good ole diesel or carby motor in it and have all the mod cons with out the b.s  mate ;):):) Btw Im looking for a truck overthere atm too Mate ;)

5quarter

The last time I mentioned to my wife that she couldn't drive by a Kohl's Dept store without stopping, She said, " Do you mean like you and salvage yards?" That was the last time I poked fun at that... ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Meadows Miller

:D :D :D :D Thats a good one Mate  ;) ;D Jesi already knows My dark secret we stopped at three yards across Miss on the way to Magic mans she just said at least I dont have to worry bout you looking at other women like that I just said no you dont babe  ;) :D  :D ;) ;D ;D ;D 8)

Magicman

Chris, maybe Jesi has not seen the signs with the Babe on it advertising "Pull A Part",  the used auto parts yards.  You might not get to stop at any more of them.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Meadows Miller

Lynn I dont know but maby she has as shes pulled parts for her own cars at places like that and Plus She is easygoing so I doubt she would get worked up over a sign Mate  ;) :D :D :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Woodchuck53

Morning guys. Merry Christmas to me. She said. I bought the truck and have a guy coming out with a hand held Ford dianostic computer. He thinks it's probably just the EGR valve. They have an up grade for this series including changing both head gaskets and all the head bolts. The EGR valve is changed and the injectors are also suggested for this amount of miles. The bed turned out to be a 12' instead of 10' so will have to chop it off and there never was a goose neck hookup or towing hitch as it was just deliveries of siding on the deck. The rig looks really good so with a little work it will do me fine. And I can do most of the work myself. Will try the picture up load as soon as I get some good ones. Any comments about this motor is welcom any time. Thanks.

snowstorm

you wanta check the egr cooler also. i have 2 6.0's bolth had the cooler leaking in the 60000 mile range. when they leak it puts antifreeze into the air intake. thats one of the things that cause head gasket problems.

Woodchuck53

Thanks snowstorm. We know we took a chance but will approach this as I always do and key point (save some money) We have 3 1 ton's now and not much tied up in them for mill use. This one will be a road runner so I'll get it going. There are several bullentins out on the 6.0 so any thing else you can think of would be appreciated.
The injector up grade was supposed to have already been completed. Chuck

Oh and the motor shows 198,000 miles. CV

Woodchuck53

I will try this posting pictures thing.

Woodchuck53

Now that I know that worked I will send the other pictures.

Peter Drouin

Nice, I mean no rust, no salt on the roads like the NE A truck up here will rust away in 150000 miles :D :D :D. I spray oil under my 2 trucks 2 times a year it helps :D :D :D  good deal you got there 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!