iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pictures of Tom

Started by Jeff, October 25, 2011, 01:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Thank you Jeff. That was one of the hardest things to watch but I can't tell you how much I appreciate it and how much I will cherish that video.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

isawlogs

I tilt my hat to you my friend for having put such a worthy tribute to our Mr. Tom.
 I so recall the ride we took Mr.Tom and I when that pic was taken, we drove around going where the front of the truck was aimed and we traded words of wisdom as we went along. Stopped at a local sawmil to visite with the owner to whom was unknown to either of us but after the visite we both where welcomed to come back anytime. Tom had a way of making friends with anyone that would come near him.
I so miss my friend.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Roxie

Jeff, that is the finest video tribute that I've ever watched.  It is worthy of the man. 

You did good, and bless your heart for sharing that with his family, and us.  Thank you!

Say when

SAWMILL BUDDY

Great job on the video Mr. Jeff.

Thanks, Carl

Norm

thecfarm

Yes,we do love Mr Tom. I had to smile a few times through that very nice video. I could just tell there was a story behind some of those pictures and he was having a good time.
Thank you Jeff.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

hagamama

Thank you Jeff.  I was absolutley delighted to see that there was a picture of TomTom with our youngest son, Ben.  Tom was a grandfather to my children. His words on how little boys should be raised echos in my head and is reflected in how they live.

That was an absolutely beautiful truibute and will be cherished here at home. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Corley5

Thank You Mr. Jeff  8) 8) 8)  That's exceptional  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

GF

Thanks for putting this video together, excellent job Jeff.

Gary

Chuck White

Jeff, Thanks for sharing.

It was tough and enjoyable at the same time watching the video slide show.

Had to walk away from the computer a couple of times just to take a break  :'(, the screen definately got blurry a few times.  :'(

I never met Mr Tom, but I knew him.

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bedway

Very, very touching for a man we all grew to admire. My hats off to you Jeff for the video.

fstedy

A great tribute to an even greater man.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Warbird

Dodgy Loner

A wonderful tribute. I only made it halfway through before I had to turn stop it. I'll come back and finish it when my eyes dry out. Thanks, Mr. Jeff.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

ely

very well done mr. jeff. i truely envy the relationship you had with Tom. in my short life thus far on this earth i have come to understand there are precious few folks worth getting to know... i feel you are one of the fortunate ones being able to share those times with Tom. thanks for bringing us all together here at the FF.

Buck

Well done Mr. Jeff well done. This sense of family is exactly why this site is special.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

donny hochstetler

thanks jeff   My condolences to the family,   I never got to meet Tom, but always considered him a freind, I never met ,a person that truley enjoyed life,  and was passionate about it,    may you rest in peace

Bill Gaiche

I did pretty good untill I read the end.
Good job and thanks Jeff. bg

Don K

Very well done, Jeff. Tom would be quietly proud.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Coon

Excellent job on the video Jeff.  Thank you very much.  I had to watch it several time just to get through the whole thing.... blury screen.  R.I.P Tom.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

WildDog

Jeff that was a big help to me. I actually laughed when I saw Tom with a spoonfull of Vegemite, (our Aussie staple diet) and wondering how the big fella reacted when he tasted it.

Thank you

Rob
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Jeff

Tom actually liked the vegemite.  He liked to eat it on toast.  BLECH! :)   He and I had more than one conversation with him trying to explain to me the virtues he saw in it. Tom could see virtue where no one else could.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Quote from: Jeff on October 27, 2011, 08:39:59 AM
Tom could see virtue where no one else could.

Especially when it came to food. :D  Tom used to say to me, "I'll eat most anything."  I would reply, "No Tom, you will eat most everything."
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ron Scott

Well done! A great tribute to Tom, leaving great memories.
~Ron

Radar67

I thought I had more, but these are how I will remember him.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Thank You Sponsors!