iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pictures of Tom

Started by Jeff, October 25, 2011, 01:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Quote from: hagamama on October 25, 2011, 01:13:02 PM
Jeff - Would you please help me.... I was Tom's 'adopted' daughter.  I am here at the house with Gael helping to prepare for the funeral.  We'd like to show a memorial dvd of tom at the viewing tomorrow and I'd like to include any pictures that anyone on the forum had of him. 

Can you get the word out that I am looking for ANY pictures that anyone would be willing to share of Tom out in the woods or at events around the states that show him doing what he loved.  I would appreciate it very much.  Pictures can be emailed to me at hagafamfl@aol.com

DanG has the funeral arrangements and should be posting them today.... Gael and Tom's family will be receiving guests after the graveside service at my home just across the street from the VA Cemetary at 3628 Lannie Road.

Thank you for your help, I have not yet learned how to post to the site. - Allison Haga
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I've tried to collect as many photos as I could this afternoon to get down to Allison. It's made for a tough afternoon for me. I'll try and put into words what Mr. Tom has meant to me, but today I just can't do it.  I took some of the photos I brought together and made a little slide show from them for the forum.

I posted this as the description on youtube along with the video.  I hope the images help people that look at them understand what a man my friend Mr. Tom was.

When ever I called him, I would say "Hello Mr. Tom" I was told that in the south that was a sign of respect to add the Mr., and I respected no man more than Tom Cadenhead. I'm not much for words in times like these, but I'm missing my friend horribly today. We didn't get a chance to talk much the last few weeks, but I got to talk to him a couple days before he died, and will treasure the rest of my life, the things we were able to say to each other that last conversation. The music selection for the clips was chosen because of Tom's love of Music, and especially Chet Atkins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdBdRpJuBSY

WH_Conley

Sometimes there are no words Jeff. We still know what you mean. I never got a chance to meet Tom. Still lost a member of the family.
Bill

Patty

:'(   Jeff that was beautiful. Tom would be proud. I know I am....
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Kevin

Fantastic Jeff;
Great job of putting that together, that's Tom!

beenthere

Just very well done and a fine tribute to Mr. Tom.

Thank you Mr. Jeff !!
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

scsmith42

Jeff, that is a very special video that you put together.  Thanks for sharing.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

T Welsh

Jeff, very well put together. your tribute shows how special your friendship with Tom was to you. Tim

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Ianab

Excellent job Jeff.

I'm sure there are lot lot of great memories tied up in that collection of pictures

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ga_Boy

Well done Mr. Jeff. 

The world is not quite as bright as it was a few days ago, seeing those pictures brings a smile to my face but makes my heart ache.

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Holmes

Jeff  That is wonderful. Thank you, Holmes
Think like a farmer.

OneWithWood

Well done, Jeff.   A very nice tribute to the man.

:'(
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

gunman63

RavioliKid

I watched it with my eyes brimming with tears.

Beautiful job, Jeff!
RavioliKid

ADAMINMO

Excellent job Jeff!! HAd to watch it 2 times due to the fact that the 2nd half was really blurry. Sure miss ole Mr. Tom!!

Bibbyman

Beautiful job Jeff.  I made it through it but it was tough.  I feel privileged that there was a picture of us setting together. 

I was also glad to see some pictures of Tom and his old Wood-Mizer and the picture of Tom and Don Laskowski. 

Probably most all the newer members know Tom with his big blue Baker mill.  But Tom was an early owner of a Wood-Mizer and a million board foot club member.  As Tom told me,  he had sawn a million board feet but didn't have it documented.  So he just started over and sawed another million!

Here is his name on the wall at Wood-Mizer in Indy.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Nomad

Jeff, that was exceptionally well done!  Thank You.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

inspectorwoody

Great Job Jeff, Great Job.  :)

chet

Thanks Jeff, but it sure was a tuff one ta watch  :'(

I sure wish Florida wasn't so far away fight now.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Its on the other side of the world from here. :'( :'(

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandhills

Not only can you tell the worth of the man by all the comments over the last day, but now you can tell the worth of at least one good friend.  I can't imagine a more fitting tribute to Tom, you should be very proud because I know he is, excellent job Jeff.

Slingshot

Nicely done, Jeff.
I always enjoyed reading Tom's comments on the forum.
I'll miss them.

Thank You Sponsors!