iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tribute to Tom

Started by Tam-i-am, October 25, 2011, 10:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Quote from: DanG on October 24, 2011, 09:38:40 PM
I just recieved some preliminary funeral info.  Arrangements are not complete at this time, but it is being handled by Callahan Funeral Home  www.callahanfh.com  in Callahan, Fl.  It will take place either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning at Jacksonville National Cemetery.  Appropriate dress is jeans and a red t-shirt. :) 8)

There is nothing on the funeral home website about it yet, but there will be an online guestbook there soon.  I'll post more details as I get them.

I was thinking that the whole forum could be part of this tribute to Tom,  if we all wore red t-shirts on Thursday or Friday.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

beenthere

I will do that.
thanks for the idea.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Roxie

Count me in!  Great idea!
Say when

zopi

Red shirts and jeans it is...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

doctorb

I have one pair of red scrubs!  Consider it done.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

jdtuttle

http://www.redshirtfridays.org/
There will be alot of red shirts worn Friday. My wife & I wear one every week.
Jim
Have a great day

Dodgy Loner

I'll be wearing a red shirt on Thursday and Friday.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Lambee10

New member here but read a lot of Tom's stuff.  Made me laugh and made me think.  I will wear a red T shirt and jeans in my day job office.
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

Patty

Great idea, Tamiam. We will be wearing red for Tom up here in Iowa.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

scsmith42

I'll be wearing mine too.  Great idea.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

RavioliKid

I will wear one on Thursday night. Here's to Tom!

RavioliKid

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SAWMILL BUDDY

thecfarm

What a great idea. I will have one on in Maine for my friend Tom.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Meadows Miller

Gday

I am In It will be a Fitting tribute to Tom  ;)

Best Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

GF

Burlkraft

Everybody should get a picture of themselves and post them here
Why not just 1 pain free day?

scottyblue

Quote from: Tamiam on October 25, 2011, 10:51:58 AM
Quote from: DanG on October 24, 2011, 09:38:40 PM
I just recieved some preliminary funeral info.  Arrangements are not complete at this time, but it is being handled by Callahan Funeral Home  www.callahanfh.com  in Callahan, Fl.  It will take place either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning at Jacksonville National Cemetery.  Appropriate dress is jeans and a red t-shirt. :) 8)

There is nothing on the funeral home website about it yet, but there will be an online guestbook there soon.  I'll post more details as I get them.

I was thinking that the whole forum could be part of this tribute to Tom,  if we all wore red t-shirts on Thursday or Friday.

I'll even wear my red long johns along with the shirt.
Scotty

Left Coast Chris

Im going Red.  Sure miss Tom.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

sdunston

Red with Jeans for the rest of the week, its the least I can do
Sorry,Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

scottyblue

My red shirt is on.It's not a T but it's red.

Journey well Tom.

Scotty
Scotty

Jeff

I have my red t-shirt on. Tom would be pleased and give me heck at the same time. The only one I have, and it says Tennessee volunteers on it. :-\   He'd want me to turn it in-side-out and write Georgia Bulldogs on it. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!