iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

even a lousy day can turn out ok...

Started by zopi, October 24, 2011, 07:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

Mondays...hate them...difficulties on a job that cost me a day...money worries...frustrations with pretty much everything but my one employee....then hit with losing Tom...bloody well just shut down amd came home, but, I am not one who can sit still..so I went out to work it off...stacked some wood until the boredom got me, mowed for awhile...by some miracle, I felt the phone buzz over the mower...grabbed it...it was the manager of our new TSC...called to let me know that I won a 22 ton Huskee log splitter from their grand opening drawings...coool...so being the sales gypsy I try to be, reminded him that I was the skinny guy who offered them grounds care...so he asked if I did snow removal...I told him I did not, but that I would bloody well figure out how if he wanted me...said there is one more in the mix amd he would get back to me.
Like he wouldn't get all my pay back from the grounds care...my favorite toy store. Might even do it for store credit...lol.

I can't help but feel that our Tom is out there making a few nice things happen...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

DanG

Good show, Zopi!  Tom would be proud.  He hated to see a squandered opportunity, and he saw an opportunity in just about everything that he came across.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

zopi

Kinda what I was thinking...Tom seemed to like to help folks.

Cool think about the splitter is...now I can cut the other one apart and build my push through splitter/processor...gonna stop in the morning and get the upright blade..gotta boat trailer out back that is getting decked over and the splitter mounted on it...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doctorb

I was thinking the same thing as I watched the Jacksonville Jags beat the Ravens last night.....Tom musta been a Jags fan! 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

DanG

Yes he was, Doc.  Tom really liked you a lot, but not enough to let his Jags lose on his first night in Heaven. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Autocar

I'll trade ya my maul for your new toy  ;) !
Bill

RavioliKid

RavioliKid

zopi

Nooo...gonna use the new one to move to big rounds that come off the truck and break them....the other is first goung to become an upright blade type then it is going to become part of a processor....sorta along the lines of the logrite jobby...but a little different...still have not gone past the concept...think spltrite fancy shiny splitter, but mounted waste level with a slightly inclined ramp down wind of the splitter...so the splits get pushed off into a cart or elevator...trying to trduce the number of times I have to handle each piece of wood....and of course I like the bucking deck on the logrite...
Sheesh...wish I had the bucks to just buy one of those...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

zopi

Besides...I have a maul...two of them...that is how I break those big rounds when my young helper is not around....
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!