The Challenge

Started by Tam-i-am, October 23, 2011, 10:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Somebody wanted to see it done, so we put Kevin to the test.  Since you wouldn't watch 1 hour of splitting wood and you tube doesn't allow videos much over 10, 10 minutes it is.  Kevin had 10 minutes to prove the splitter is as fast as we say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILBrHW1XpO8

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Dan_Shade

good work, Kevin.

I think Dee should have been running the splitter :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tam-i-am

Dan, she ran the splitter at Bunyan but she's camera shy.  Nope she hasn't seen the video yet ;D

Dan, I'm surprised you didn't have anything to say about my commentary during the splitting. :D

Dan_Shade

I like the plugs to the various companies :)

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Tam-i-am

So Dan, you made it through all 10 minutes.  I guess I might have to make you a special pan of brownies.  ;)

Dan_Shade

as long as I can pass any random tests at work, i'm good  :)

I do like this splitter. 

beenthere

I watched, and figured I wouldn't work as hard as Kevin was working. ;D
But I also wondered how Dee kept up while stacking that wood?  As well, she appeared to be the one keeping blocks coming to Kevin. Good show.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tam-i-am

Dan, I just meant I would make a batch of regular Logrite Brownies.  Special because I only make them for trade shows and the Pig Roast. ::)
Honestly, they are too fattening to have around any more than that.

Dee is really hard working.  She had a little trouble keeping up towards the end as a few pieces fell to the ground.  When we are home and in the field, we let the split wood fall.  But if we are near the woodfurnace and want it stacked it takes 2 people to keep up with the splitter.

Dan_Shade

I know, I was making a bad joke   :D

Are you guys planning to do Richmond this spring?

neslrite

yes, Richmond is on the list for next year.
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

brendonv

Very impressive, you guys did a nice job on the unit.

Is there a price sheet anywhere?

You mentioned brownies, I love brownies.   ;D
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Tam-i-am

The processor (includes everything) is $9800
The Base Unit (trailer with splitter, and blue output table)  is $5800

We could build you anything in between.

Burlkraft

That was a good video Tam!!

Kevin was workin' pretty hard.

Jill is excited about Paul Bunyan next year. Maybe you and Jill can do the shootout  :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Burlkraft on October 29, 2011, 09:29:06 AM

Jill is excited about Paul Bunyan next year. Maybe you and Jill can do the shootout  :D :D

Rumor is that Mr Havel, himself might do the shoot out.  Or it will be myself and a new forum member from CT.

kfs2840

How much to ship the log splitter to 49120 Niles, MI

Tam-i-am

I have to be in Clare, MI twice this summer so if you can pick up in Clare it is free free free. 

So what I am saying is that I am going to bring out 2 processors this summer, one the end of June and one the beginning of Aug.  All you would have to do is meet us in Clare and two lucky people could save on freight.

trapper

If you could postpone the August trip until the 2nd week of september you could demonstrate at the great lakes logging congress in oshkosh wi.  Not much out of the way.
Many of the big names in splitters and firewood processors are there.  Many of the bandmill companys are there including EZ who is also selling your cant hooks at the show.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Jeff

You can't be asking Tammy and Kevin to replace the pigroast with logging congress. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

Quote from: Jeff on March 05, 2012, 11:09:07 AM
You can't be asking Tammy and Kevin to replace the pigroast with logging congress. ;)
That's right I need my Logrite Brownie fix!!!!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tam-i-am

Trapper

We have a dealer who covers that show for us.  There has been some talk about us bringing the splitter to that show this year.  Since it is still a maybe, I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up.  If it all works out it would be a third chance for someone to save on freight.

Tammy

Tam-i-am

Raider Bill, of course I will be going to the pig roast and bringing brownies!!!!

trapper

Hope I dont get a trip to the woodshed for this ::)
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30