iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My kentucky adventure

Started by Dan_Shade, October 22, 2011, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

If one ever visits pigman, make sure to ask for directions rather than simply ask for his address...

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Coon

So what's the moral to this story?   :D  C'mon fill us in here.   ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

paul case

Quote from: fishpharmer on October 22, 2011, 09:37:24 PM
Amen. 8)
I  heard from a very reliable source that shall reman un named that a fellow forumite had not 1 or 2 but 3 sawmills now and he hasn't told anyone.
He would know how to get to pigman's place. ;D
I think we may need an intervention. I know a place we could stash the newest mill where it wuld be safe until said forumite gets over his addiction.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

pigman

Dan, used gps to get the shortest route to my house, not necessarily the best way. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Dan_Shade

When I was about an hour out, I gave him a buzz, and found out I was on the worst road to get there, but it had pavement, and was simply very crooked and curvy.

so then, we get to the main road, and turn off to find the road he lives on....  gravel road, no big deal....

we go down the gravel road for ever, in the sticks, if I'd have seen the dueling banjos kid from "Deliverance", I wouldn't have been surprised.  Then we get to a ford, I haven't driven across a ford for many, many years, so we go on across it, go a ways farther, then hit pavement, then find his mailbox.

Turns out if we'd have gone a bit farther down the main road, we'd have avoided the "back country" all together

:-)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

SwampDonkey

Now if it were me, I'd have loaded the aerial photo onto my GPS mapper. Then of course the power supply would blow out like before I left for Jeff's last year. But, I did have copies of all the roads in and out of camp and house, which were all very reliable I must say. ;) Jeff looked at them and figured I was missing roads, but didn't seem so unless he counted dirt roads. ;) The actual line on the paper map he thought was by the restaurant we ate at wasn't the spot, but I didn't say anything. I'm used to rural roads like up there, the whole dang New Brunswick is like that. You just have to know how to follow the shape of a road with a map, it's more than just a line. ;)

We have a pretty detailed road atlas of NB, even the field and woods roads. And it's all online.

Of course I've gotta torment a little. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Meadows Miller

Quote from: paul case on October 22, 2011, 11:14:32 PM
Quote from: fishpharmer on October 22, 2011, 09:37:24 PM
Amen. 8)
I  heard from a very reliable source that shall reman un named that a fellow forumite had not 1 or 2 but 3 sawmills now and he hasn't told anyone.
He would know how to get to pigman's place. ;D
I think we may need an intervention. I know a place we could stash the newest mill where it wuld be safe until said forumite gets over his addiction.

PC

Dont worry James has aways to go before he has any serious issues My count is 5 mills at one time plus enough parts to build another one spread all up the east coast off Australia wit a second there is my Frick in the States too  :) And No I Dont Have A Problem ;) :D :D :D 8)

Regards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!