iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 394XP

Started by acco1840, October 20, 2011, 10:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acco1840

I just brought a very low use Husky 394XP. Original 24 inch bar, 3/8 chain. Beautiful saw. Is there anything I need to know about these?? I used it today falling and cutting firewood and it went well.

JHBC

I have one, I picked up earlier this year, pretty well used, but in good shape.  It hasn't seen a lot of hours yet, but absolutely no complaints.  I sold my 385XP this summer, and still own a 3120, which now will see very little use.  I have 404 063 chain, and a 36.  I don't have much in the way to look out for, but I don't think you'll find any downside with it.
MS460 28"    MS660  36"    MS441 20"/24"    394XP 32"/36"    3120XP 32"/42"

T Welsh

Good saw with power and weight. the only thing I would watch for are the muffler bolts,they tend to vibrate out, just walk over the saw and nut and bolt it. meaning tighten every bolt you can find or get to. I do this about once a year on all saws and you always find one that,s a little lose. handle bar mounts are a given!! good luck with your new saw. Tim

acco1840

Thanks fellas, I have used her for Falling and blocking Firewood and have ran about 8 tanks of fuel through her. Only issue I had was an odd one.....The decompression valve came loose. Tightened it with 1/2 inch socket and had no more worries. Nice power to weight after my old 070.

Thank You Sponsors!