iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Witch's Broom Tree

Started by Jeff, October 20, 2011, 02:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Autocar

We have alot of those on Hackberry here in Ohio, great places to hide big spiders  :o
Bill

Coon

:D  Think the squirrel was trying to bump you on the noggin with that apple and trying to tell you that's her witches broom and you had better back off.   :D   :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Chris Burchfield

Gdaughter, Madison said " Where's the creature?"  We waited and then we saw the little creature who dropped an apple.  We said "that's a tree rat!"  @ 5 yoa, she watched with her fingers in her ears.   :D :D :D

Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

WDH

My favorite part was the credits.  You have some very talented people working with you  :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

A nice walk and lay out of your land. My land you would be tripping over rocks.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Not my land on this one, this is on my Sister's place. I pointed the camera at a couple rocks. I don't have any rocks on mine. :) 

I wondered if anyone would notice my video staff. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

BaldBob

Witches brooms in most conifers are caused by Dwarf Mistletoe (Arcethobium ). However, Elytroderma deformans will also cause witches brooms in some pine species.

SwampDonkey

I can't see the tree (species) it's on, but I have a few big ones on some of my fir. They don't ever seem to hurt the main stem, but they do change the wood in the limb they infect. It goes cork-like. I never seem to find the mistletoe. Many of the brooms die out by 15 years.

Got a still picture of your broom tree Jeff? ;D

Talk about squirrels, there is a population boom of them in my spruce/fir woods. In the winter you can find hundreds of little piles of cone scales. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Witches broom on a limb and a burl at the base , that tree has eery thing going for it  :)

Nice touch with the credits  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Roxie

The black and white really sets the mood.  I love it!   8)
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!