iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ever see a blade do this?

Started by Bibbyman, October 19, 2011, 06:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

I had this one blade that must have got damaged some how but there is no kinks or bends in it. But there is a twist in it. I think its junk! 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ladylake

I'd bet it's junk also, had a couple the didn't want to fold up right and they didn't cut good.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

MartyParsons

Hello,
I think the proper term is coil set. We see it some times in ReSharp. If the blade got hot on one side will do it. Like the guide blocks tight or somthing jamed against the blade. It is pretty neat to lay the band on the floor and it will coil with out any help.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

redbeard

I forgot to turn on my lube once and the smoke told me so, and after removing the hot blade and letting it cool it looked similar.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

zopi

Well...look at the bright side...you won't have to take the sweep outta the log....might hafta park the trick on the boards to get em to lay down though... lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Bandmill Bandit

I had one that did that too but not quite as much. never did re sharpen it. thats how I learned where the side supports start. havent seen a another blade like that since.  :(
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

ely

never did see one like it. but i have thrown a band off the wheels while in a cut and really kinked the band. after i flatten it out it still saws great, looks bad but still saws great.

bandmiller2

Bibbs,why not try it,it may straighten out with some tension on it, anyhow then you will know for sure and being the sport you are we will to. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Bibbyman

Quote from: bandmiller2 on October 21, 2011, 07:51:16 AM
Bibbs,why not try it,it may straighten out with some tension on it, anyhow then you will know for sure and being the sport you are we will to. Frank C.

I may have already.  I remember changing out a blade and making about 10" of cut and it vibrated so bad I couldn't see going on with it so I took it off.  I'm pretty sure this is the one.  I may try it again when I'm not in much of a rush to get things done.  Don't know when that may be.. :-\
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!