iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poster Award #6

Started by Jeff, January 24, 2004, 06:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I am going way back on this one. I am also going out of my normal method of choosing a post, opting instead for a personal favorite that I go back to time after time to get a laugh. It is located on an entire thread that is worthy of repetitive reading that has been contributed to by many forum members. Funny Story thread. :)

On Aug 12th, 2002 Bibbyman made the 162nd post on that thread about "Opie" In my opinion, one of the funniest things ever posted on this forum. So Poster Award #6 goes to Bibbyman!  Thanks Bib for this story, all the other stories, and all the help that you give to other forum members and guests. :)

Opie's Sayings

Congratulations Bibbyman!

Bibbyman is the winner of our 6th Forestry Forum's Poster Award sponsored by

https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=general;action=display;num=989515313;start=162#162

Congratulation Bib and I'll bet that you will find a use for Rust Reaper as our past winners have!

(Send me your phone number and mailing address please!)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Stump Jumper

Congratulations Bibbyman!

I couldn't finish reading the post I was becoming a a um knucklehead. :D :D ;D
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Percy

Heya Bibb.
Congratulations.
I read "Opie Says" a while back  :D :D :D :D :D :D :Dand when a good friend was/is goin thru a messy divorce, I read him "Opies" wisdom.  Well the guy, who untill this point, hadnt smiled or laffed for weeks, just busted out laffing. When he almost stopped laffing, Id read another to him and away he'd go again, me too actually, almost had to give him oxygen after a bit ;D  :D ;D :D So, the same guy is in court a few days later, talkin to the judge about "division of assets", a divorce thing, and he says to the judge, " Id really like to get this done quickly but I dont wanna make the wrong mistake."(an Opie point of wisdom). Well the judge busts out laffing bigtime and the whole tension thing in the courtroom drops about 50%.  OPIE RULES ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Fla._Deadheader

Great choice, Jeff.  8) Bibbyman has contributed greatly to this website. Hope to do as well as him. Congrats, Bibbyman
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Swede

I could read it all, perhaps because I didn´t understand the best lines.  :D
Can we expect  "Swedes sayings" in the future? :D :D :D

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

SwampDonkey

I'm not much of a story teller, but here's a short one, erm two.

There was this old gentleman who raised his nephews on a farm. The old fella did most of the work as he never made the boys do much 'cept fetch water at the spring. Well one day when the boys were young and nothing else to do one day they decided to have some fun. Behind the house there happened to be a long hill with quite a good grade to it, which flattened off at the top where is became a field. Well the boys found a tractor tire in one of the sheds and rolled it up the hill. One of the boys decides to get inside the tire and have a run on the hill. The other boys support the tire as he climbs in and hangs on. They start the tire rolling over the side of the hill and remember this is a long hill. Well just so happens there is a huge rock pile near the bottom of the hill and guess where the tire headed for. Well that tire struck the rock pile and went into orbit and descended and struck the page wire fence along the road side. Well when your in a tire and fetch into a page wire fence, it feels pretty solid when it fetches. The poor kid was dizzy for a couple of days after that escapade :)

An even shorter tale with the same bunch.

As I said above one of their chores was fetchin the water at the spring. Well one day following a snow storm the plow came along to push the snow away from the road and one of the boys decides to follow the plough. The roads were ploughed with horses then. And this guy followed the plow for a good two miles to where it met an intercection of the roads. One of his brothers comes running up behind him and tells him that it was his turn to get the water this day. And asked him to come home to get the water instead of just going across the road to the spring himself to get it :)

enjoy

You folks are great, loved your stories  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

etat

Hey Bibbyman, proud it was you.  This world would be a tough old world if it wasn't for the folks that throw a bit of humor in now and then!  I used Rust Reaper yesterday on dad's tailgate latches on his truck.  And I still say it smells like linament though I havn't used it as such!    :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

shopteacher

Congratulations Bibbyman. Your a well deserving canidate and glad to see you get picked. May all your nuts break loose freely. :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

SwampDonkey

Darn, posted that to the wrong thread for some reason. :D

Congrats bibbyman, I had a good read   :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Kevin_H.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Tom

I always liked that Opie post. :D

Kevin_H.

Hmm, Still no bibby...Wonder if he's out getting ready for the big ice storm comming in tonite?
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

DanG

The "Opie" post was a hoot, but I really relish the stories Bibby has told about Uncle Chick, and the way things were when he was growing up. It isn't often that you can be grandly entertained and learn some things at the same time. The Bibster has given us many of those opportunities, and I appreciate it. As the "Official" cussword of the ForestryForum, I hereby declare this reward as just.(for whatever that's worth.) :) :D 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

OneWithWood

Another excellent choice Jeff!

And a very deserving winner - Congratulations Bibby  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Where oh where can bibbyman be? I hope he didnt open one of those nasty emails going around this past week. I have heard thats what happened to a couple of our members.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

He's been on the sawmill topic I think.  Needs to look around a little more, eh?

RMay

Congratulations Bibbyman bet that you will find a use for it ;D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

DanG

He's gotta find it before he finds a use for it. :D :D :D :D
This is better'n a Easter Egg hunt. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bibbyman

Gosh!  Thanks guys...   I'm glad you can't see back through the PC at me blushing.  

Some conditions have arisen that have nearly completely distracted me from Forum in the past couple of months.  I've only been able to steal a few minutes here and there to get on,  read a few things on a couple of the boards, and maybe comment now and then.

Sure glad you like Opie's sayings.  None of these were made up.  The ones I've posted here are about a quarter of those recorded.  The others would kind of require you to "be there" to understand why they were twisted.  (Or they were so twisted you couldn't have understood what he was trying to say anyway.)

Despite his tangled communication skils,  Opie did have a child-like ability to come up with simple answers to complex problems.  He was not afraid of work.  And above all,  he was a good sport about all the attention his comments would get.  

Everyone liked him and miss him to this day.  You can overhear his words re-spoken by those who know him like.. "That 'bout made my mind go blind!" or "We floundered wrong,  we made the wrong mistake!" or "You got your mess into it, you can get your mess out of it."  People that didn't know the ledgen of Opie,  give us odd looks.  But we all remember and enjoy.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Swede

I have a good friend who "needs" to win all discussions. Some people can´t stand him but I´ve know him for so long it does not worry me.
If he are goin to lose a debate he djust stop it by saying: "It´s the same differnt!"
I´ve seen some guys get a "short circuit"  ;D It always work.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Mike_P.

Congratulations, Bibbyman!  I enjoyed the Opie wisdom.

We'll ship your Rust Reaper today.  

Thanks,

Mike

Bibbyman

Thanks Mike!  

We got the Rust Reaper the other day.  

Ain't had a chance to put it to use yet but I'm sure it will come in handy.

Odd thing though...???  Of all the things I've written,  I get an award for something that I basically just transcribed and published. ::)

I haven't seen Opie in about 15 years.  I think when the weather clears up,  I'll have to look him up.  Maybe I'll split the Rust Reaper with him..;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

AtLast

Way ta go Bibbs!!!!!! 8).......

DanG

Bibbyman, if Opie gets to try the Rust Reaper, I'd be interested to hear what he has to say about it. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!