iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snow removal equipment

Started by Corley5, January 23, 2004, 05:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

It does the job U.B.  Before we got the blower I'd spend up to 1 1/2 hours cleaning my driveway with the loader and backblade on the 180 then I'd do the same thing at Dad's.  That pretty much takes care of an afternoon.  With the blower I'm all done and the tractor's parked in an 1hr to an 1 1/2hr depending on the snow depth and the best part is no snowbanks and it looks neat when it's done.  I recommend them.  I'd like one mounted on the front.  Neck gets stiff after backing up all the time ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

shopteacher

Corley5, you need to mount one of those cameras on the back with a monitor on the hood and if you get one of those picture in a picture types you could watch a soap opera while plowing. :D :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Haytrader

Haytrader

woodmills1

My one ton is a good snow pusher with its 9 foot plow blade, but hasn't seen much action this winter.  The last few times I went to start it were a pain.  It seems the carburetor is drying out and it must be primed with gas or it won't start.  Once I give it a capfull it starts right up every time till I let it set a spell again.

So, any ideas? 1986 Chevy 350 conventional mechanical fuel pump with feed and return to tank.  New tank, new fuel pump, replaced in line filter, in carb filter and entire return line from pump back to tank.  Choke sets closed with one pump in cold weather and will return to open in few minutes when running.  It has the stock quadrajet 4 barrel. No obvious leaks in supply line.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DR_Buck

:-[

Sounds like the float valve in the carburetor reservoir is not sealing tight.  All the gas is seeping into the intake after you shut it off.

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

woodmills1

would that mean the gasket between the body and the top of the carb is shot?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Minnesota_boy

Why not just blow about $50 and put an electric fuel pump in line?  Make sure that it's power comes on only when the ignition is turned on so it doesn't keep pumping when the engine is shut off.  Turn the ignition on, wait 10 seconds for the carburetor to be pumped full, then start it.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Stump Jumper

The electric fuel pump is a good idea.  Them quadrajets have a problem draining the bowl while setting.  Some worse than otheres.  There are two holes drilled in the bottom of the bowl which is for jetting or fuel routing purposes. On the bottem side of the bowl the holes are plugged off at the factory with a soft metal like lead or something.  You can take the carb aprt and clean the 2 spots with wire brush then epoxy it.  Telltail sign is with the engine hot shut it off take air breather off and listen for it dripping and sizzling in the intake.  Hope this information helps.  If there is anymore questions let me know. :P
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Gus

I've got an old Oliver 77 with a Du-Al loader and one of them little 8N ford tractors with a 3 point hitch blade. Chains for both. They seem to do all right.
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

J_T

So far this year we used a broom and salt shaker. :D
Jim Holloway

slowzuki

Those pictures were taken in Newfoundland during the 2002/2003 winter.  It is the highway that runs accross the middle of the province if I recall correctly!  I've posted them a few times on Chucks snowplow contractors message board.

SwampDonkey

I've seen snow piled along the road here so deep you could hang onto the hydro lines and the snowplough trucks couldn't push the snow it was so hard frozen and packed with the wind. They had to use a grader with a front-end mounted snowblower and we only had one lain wide. The wind was bad that winter and we had lots of snow  ;D. I've not seen that condition for 20 years now. We used to get alot of January rains too that would make large ponds in fields. During the rains the water would be travelling like sheets across the snow and afterword we'de have 2 inch crust to walk or even bike on. Now that's been awhile ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ADfields

SwampDonkey, thats about what we have in Palmer Alaska this year. ::)   Tons and tons of snow, loads of wind and a nice freezing rain hear and there. >:(   Better have some good ice cleats or stay the heck inside when the rain water starts that sheeting on top of the packed snow!! :o   Them $10 Yack-Tracks from WalMart don't cut it for that stuff, I found out the hard way. :'(   I love the snow but the other stuff SUCKS big time! :-/   Is it April yet?  :) :D :D
Andy

J_T

If it ever snowes that much here the air off the moving van will melt that snow ! Cause move over Tom and FD here I come :D
Jim Holloway

Scott

Just got a scanner on Sunday. These pictures are from two winters ago I think. We use the bucket but dad's looking for a plow blade to speed things up a bit.

SwampDonkey

Scott:

Yes a blade would do mighty fine on that Massey. Last year was a bad year for snow and wind I recall. The previous winter we never got snow up here till the end of January because I was cutting, piling and burning apple and black cherry brush from November 'til the end of January. Then again in early april. Right down to my cotton sweater, was a record warm winter here. I remember a fox took her pups from the area, she had them in a dug out ground hog hole. With all the burning and cutting I was doing, I drove her out. I heard this whimperin noise and it was a pup in her mouth headin to the woods, 1/4  mile across a 100 acre field. Anyway that snow looks familiar with last years bad weather.   shuddder!!!

cheers

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Scott

Last year we got almost all our snow in 2 storms. I look in the old clear cuts and see some saplings snapped over at about four feet, thats from the snowmobiles driving them over last winter. So far this year has been pretty sad for snowmobiles around here, not enough snow to cover things up.

SwampDonkey

Scott

Same here with the snow depth, it hasn't even covered the corn stubble yet. On my cousins Christmas tree farm you can still see last season's tree plantings poking up above the snow. The deer aren't even yarding up, can go about anywhere. And this winter the moose are staying on my lot, they usually go north of me in the mature softwoods and come out to the old clearcuts to feed in deep snow. I have 3, sometimes 5 moose at a time here. Maybe I can catch some shots the next few days.

cheers

Thank You Sponsors!