iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snow removal equipment

Started by Corley5, January 23, 2004, 05:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Here's some pics of our snow mover.  It's 1969 MF 180 with a 7' McKee snowblower on the back.  The old front end loader doesn't amount to much anymore.  Before the blower came along it moved lots of snow and other materials while being mounted not only on this tractor but a Ferguson 40 and a Ferguson 35.  We added extra crossers in the tires chains for good measure.  You think the tractor does good without them until you put them on.  The difference is night and day.  What do the rest of you use for snow removal?  The people who get snow to plow that is ;)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pasbuild

I use a New Holland skid steer for my snow removal. between the garage and the gardens and the retaining wall I can't just push the snow I have to move most of it to the end of the driveway. I had one of the hyd. motors throw a bearing and am waiting for a rebuilt right now, a couple of neighbors are taking care of snow removal for me until repairs are made.    
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

shopteacher

I push it with a JD 8875 skidsteer. 72" bucket once up and once back 12' clearing. Love it.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Minnesota_boy

You guys have a shortage of snow removal equipment!  I have a plow for my pickup, a snowblower and 2 blades for the back of the tractor, plus a blade on my ATV.  That's just for my yard and driveway.  If things get real serious, I suppose I could get the crawler going and use the bucket too.  :o
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

shopteacher

PB: All I can say is I'm glad i don't need all that snow removal equipment. In fact wish I didn't need what I do have.  Come on Spring, come on sunshine, come on warm summer winds and lets fire up the mill again.

ADfields

I haver a Boss V plow for my F350 but I have not even put it on this year.   The ole guy next door has it plowed with his Bobcat before I get out of bed to do it every new snow this winter. 8)   That started this winter after I showed him my log boom I built onto my trailer this fall.   He has a mill and he's racking up the Browne points with his Bobcat now. :-/   He wont even take fuel from me so I know I'm in for it this summer with him, but we will have a great time getting logs for him I bet! 8)   Or maybe he wants one for himself ??? thats fun also! ;)
Andy

isawlogs

I have a Dodge 250 4x4 with the cummins and a 8 foot western plow,I plow close to 50 laneways, so the Dodge gets a good workout when it does snow.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

karl

105 hp Ford 9030 bi- directional- locking differentials/chains on rear, thinking about front too- w/ 8' bucket or 8' two stage blower- I hate snow!
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Bro. Noble

We save two or three buckets of ashes to scatter on the slick spots :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

breederman

Massy 165 with back blade but my preferrerd method is to just run over it! :D
Together we got this !

Haytrader

Noble,

Do you spread the ashes so you don't bust your a$$s?

:D  :D  :D
Haytrader

Bro. Noble

Boy that Haytrader is on a roll today :D :D

Actually we spread them so we don't have to board the milkhauler till it thaws. ;)   You can get to the highway two different ways from our place.  One is up a steep hill and the other is up a really steep hill ::)   One time I bladed off the steep hill but the milkhauler decided to go up the real steep hill.  I got him out with the winch.  After that I just ask him how he aims to go and where he wants the ashes. ;D   He hauled mild here for almost 20 years and only put his chains on once.  I winched him several times.

He quit hauling last spring and we've had about a dozen haulers since.  Wish that old aggrivating character was back :-/
milking and logging and sawing and milking

shopteacher

Yea Noble, sometime you don't know how good ya got it till its gone.

Bill Johnson

I have a shovel, scraper, and sno float :D Oh yeah and for real big snow falls a friendly neighbour with blade on the front of his pick up. 8)
Bill

Swede

I just wait, At the end anyone with a blade on his tractor caught sight at the misery and take pity over me.
I noticed some sacks printed "SALT" at the supermarket last week. If I spread them out and I have no snow and dont have to spend time at the lawnmower in the summer. = more time with my sawmill  8)

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

DR_Buck

:)

My snow removal is Orange, same color as my soon to be acquired LT40 HD25G mill.

Kubota B2710, 27Hp hydro diesel with 6ft scraper blade and loader bucket. [/b]

1800' of driveway will be waiting with 6+ inches of white stuff by morning!   :o

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

chet

My little ole 48' ford 8N, has been faithfully pushin' all my snow now for over 26 years. And Lord knows we git our share of dat white stuff.   :-/
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Ron Scott

Chet,

Don't you have one of them "Yooper Scoops"? I bought one up there last winter, the medium size, at your local Trustworthy and use it regularly down here when I don't need to get the snowblower out at snow 6 inches or less.

Of course I still have to tell people what it is and where I got it. I now see them available in a hardware store north of here and hear that they are being made in Traverse City.

The price is better there in Iron River though.
~Ron

Frickman

We have the usual assortment of tractors with highlifts and blades, and have used the skidder when the snow was deep. Back when we milked I'd sometimes plow a mile of public road down to the main road so the milk truck could get in. Sometimes I'd wait there and pull the truck up with the skidder. Since we quit milking I don't plow unless it a foot deep, we just run over the snow and pack it down. In our area it usually melts every couple weeks, and the snowmelt runs into the ditch the same whether it was plowed or not.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

whitepe

My snow removal equipment is green and yellow.
I didn't see very much snow removal equipment in India. ;D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

redpowerd

mines_red_and_white. we like them to start in tha mornin! ;D                      
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Ron Scott

Snow removal is becoming a daily activity and it looks that way for the rest of the week. I did the "house roof" this past week-end as many are starting on that activity also.

Not many at the local coffee shop this morning; most were home moving snow or trying to get their equipment started to do so.

~Ron

Stump Jumper

I used the skidsteer today just to move the piles back.then get the chevy fired up just to make biger piles :) :)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Corley5

Now here's a snowy place.  I have no idea where these were taken but it doesn't look like a real hospitable enviroment

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

UNCLEBUCK

yooper scoops  :D thats great ! I went across the u.p. again on christmas day and the snow amounts in all the driveways was really deep but still always a beautiful drive !  It snowed almost 2 feet here in minnesota in the last 2 days and I always plow out with loader and tractor but this time I got my cousin over with his rig like Corley5 and he was done in 15 minutes and left no snow banks and I believe I will get a 3 point snow blower like Corley has someday, it really did a nice job . The plumber in town mounted a big old v plow on his old front wheel assist backhoe with just a few mounting spots welded to his loader and he can really cruise with that old rig .  nice set up Corley5 !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!