iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Profab 400 gassifier

Started by leeallen, October 17, 2011, 11:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leeallen

Had a chance to fire up the Profab gassifier this weekend. Temps here in Maine are in the 50's , so I have not had a chance to give it a true test yet. However. It brought the 115 gallons of water up to 180 in about 4 hours and the gassifying process looks great. Obviously, the amout of wood I am burning is minimal because of the temps.

By next week we should be in the 30's and I'm anxious to monitor it's progress. I do like the quick turn around in bringing it back up to temperature. Previous units (non-gassifiers and gassifiers) took much longer because they contained approx. 400 gallons of water.

leeallen

Well, I'm about a month into using my Profab 400 gassifier , and I couldn't be more satisfied. Temps have been in the 20's and 30's at night and the unit has heated my 5000 sq. ft. house and my 1000 ft. garage with very little wood usage. I loved my old 6048 CB unit but it ate wood. Based on what I'm seeing so far, I should burn 30 -50% less wood than last year. I know there are a lot of variables, but I feel comfortable making this assumption.

There is very little fly ash to clean out of the horizontal tubes and I just run the clean out rake in and out of the lower clean out door once a day. A very satisfied customer!!!

Thank You Sponsors!