iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Iron at work

Started by smwwoody, October 16, 2011, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

Here is a pic of my son on our old Prentice G/110 loading one of the 6 or 8 loads of pulp wood we cut this weekend.  A few people were asking about the power of these little old loaders.  It reached out and lifted that bundle at a full flat out 18 or 19 feet.  Without the slightest hesitation.  Not too bad for an almost 40 year old loader.  Dont get me wrong I would love to have a new one but this one is paid for and does a good job every day.

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

mad murdock

110G is  good loader.  had one on a '78 Autocar construktor, always a dependable piece of equip.  Good looking load.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

logman81

Nice setup! ;D I would love to have a setup like that, Nothing wrong with old equipment if it is maintained properly. I have a friend that has the same loader on his ford 800 it is a strong loader. I have seen him pick up a 36x12 oak log at mid boom like it is nothing! 8)
Precision Firewood & Logging

Autocar

I had a G110 on a R model mack sold the loader and truck and bought a center mount 120 I found out pretty quick that the G lifted alot more. Good depenable loaders.
Bill

treefarmer87

you were right it is nice pine :) it is so easy when its that big
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Maine372

dad had a 110 forever. the link at the knuckle wore thin, and if that comes undone things will get ugly. the other thing is that we couldnt get the collar around the swing bearing to stay tight. we would end up tightening that about every week, usually after dark.  but i still wish i had that loader back. would make a nice yard loader to feed a firewood processor with.

smwwoody

Well my son went out to clean up a tractor trailer load of pulp wood today that fell of the landing gear.  he unloaded the front rack and lifted the trailer up to get the landing gear down.  all that went well except when he was swinging wood from the trailer to our truck one stick came loose and went through the back window of our truck :-[  just another day I guess
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

Got the new window in and put another load on it.  All is good agian
Full time Mill Manager