iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cooks super sharp bands

Started by bandmiller2, October 16, 2011, 07:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

That's an excellent offer from Cook's.

I think that normally, folks find a blade that works well for them, so they're hesitant to try something new.

This offer from Cook's is above most, nothing to risk and no cost to the customer.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawwood

Thanks James for the offer for us to try your Blades. I have some of our blades
at you store to be sharped and look forward to trying the SS Blades.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

CooksSaw

The Cook's Xcel blade is new and we haven't even advertised it as of yet.
This blade will fill the gap between a standard blade (common among most manufacturers) and our Super Sharp blade. It will be every bit as durable in dirty logs and nail biting as any other common blade.
The blade will have a 10deg. face and will share the common profile of both Lenox and WM so no special cam or rock needed for sharpening.
However, this blade is vitally different in metallurgy and in performance straight out of the box.

James
Leaders In Bandsaw Technology!
Your source for Portable Sawmills, Board Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Band Blades, and Parts
Visit us at Portable Sawmill parts and bandsaw blades from Cook's Saw or call 1-800-473-4804
Email: james@cookssaw.com

WH_Conley

Cool. I hate the thought of buying a different cam for every blade profile out there.

I have 3 different people I sharpen blades for, hobby operators, maybe 15 blades each per user. Every one uses a different blade. I tell them up front that they will be sharpened to 10 degrees.

Any problem using a standard WM stone with the Xcel?
Bill

CooksSaw

Quote from: WH_Conley on November 04, 2011, 11:43:28 AM
Cool. I hate the thought of buying a different cam for every blade profile out there.

I have 3 different people I sharpen blades for, hobby operators, maybe 15 blades each per user. Every one uses a different blade. I tell them up front that they will be sharpened to 10 degrees.

Any problem using a standard WM stone with the Xcel?

No problem at all.

James
Your source for Portable Sawmills, Board Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Band Blades, and Parts
Visit us at Portable Sawmill parts and bandsaw blades from Cook's Saw or call 1-800-473-4804

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

CooksSaw

Quote from: Banjo picker on November 05, 2011, 10:43:36 AM
James I sent you a pm....Tim
I got it Tim. We'll get those coming to you.

CooksSaw

Thanks for the huge response as we have exceeded the 20 people :o limit but we got everyone who requested anyway.

For those that have blades coming please give us some feedback as to how they do for you.

Take care,
James

Kansas

We try different brands of blades on a regular basis. I think so much depends on what you are cutting. I still don't know why a 045 2 inch wide Kasco will outcut a .055 2 inch wide woodmizer, most of the time. When we try a Kasco on our LT70, it fails right off the bat. We never had much luck with Cooks SS. I don't know why. We have occasionally tried Suffolk, and under certain cutting conditions, it excels. Problem is, we seldom have ideal cutting conditions. Cottonwood is one of the toughest things to cut. And that is what we cut the most of. I suspect those that cut high quality grade logs would like different bands. Ditto with pine.

paul case

oops!
I sent my info before I read all the thread. sorry.
I have got to spend more time on the FF.  PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

CooksSaw

Quote from: paul case on November 07, 2011, 01:31:20 PM
oops!
I sent my info before I read all the thread. sorry.
I have got to spend more time on the FF.  PC

Paul,
We'll get some coming to you. Just give us some feedback as to how they do for you.

That was the last.  ;)

James

paul case

I recieved my pakage today. I didn't open it just took it to the mill. I may try it out tomorow if it gets warm enough to saw. We are supposed to have 25 degrees for a low tonight. Thanks James. I wil let you know how they measure up! PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

LeeB

Mine came in also, but I won't be home for a couple moreweeksto try them out.  >:(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WH_Conley

Got mine. Will be trying them out tomorrow. I will let you know James.
Bill

Papa1stuff

Got mine ,will let you know how they go for me, Thanks!!
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Slingshot

Received them yesterday. I have an oak I want to quarter-saw with one and also a 16 inch
sassafras for starters. Make a report later. Thanks James.

Banjo picker

I recieved mine, I got one Duratooth and the new Xcel....I have some good clean red oak for the Duratooth this weekend...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

kelLOGg

Got mine, too. I'm saving them for some oak but have quite a few logs on the rollway before I get to them.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

sawwood

Received my blade couple of days ago. Have some Ash logs to cut this week end,that should git them a good
workout. James will let you know how they do.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

CooksSaw

Glad to hear blades are starting to arrive. I look forward to hearing how they do for everyone.

For anyone else who has blades coming but haven't received them just shoot me an email and I'll check the status of the order.

Thanks,
James

Thank You Sponsors!