iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

50th HS Reunion

Started by Magicman, October 15, 2011, 09:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We tried to have a 50th Class Reunion in the Spring but only 3 attended so today we will have another attempt.  There are about 25 of us left from the "Class of 61".

Anyway, there should be some old farts there.  I know of one.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

We had a community reunion during the Millennium 2000 celebrations, a number of my class mates were there. After hi how ya doin' where are ya now and a few war stories most of us didn't find a lot to talk about. I wouldn't bother going again.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

red oaks lumber

class of 1961 awesome! oh wait  :( that was the year i was born 8) sorry i guess i won't be making it  :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Autocar

This brings a story to mind about a old fellow I knew,he once told me about going to his class reunion and how everyone stood at the podium and told about there achiedements. When it came to Harrys turn [ another fellow told me about this later ] Harry walked up to the podium and made a fist and started twisting it in his other hand saying [ I Worked And I Worked And I Worked ] and walked back down  ;D
Bill

Shotgun

I was scheduled to attend my 55th high school class reunion in late August about 4 hours away, and due to a short term health issue I was unable to attend.  When I phoned to cancel our attendance, I asked for a copy of the picture that was scheduled to be taken.  It arrived yesterday.  It was really a nice picture, colored, 8" by 10" in size, with 27 people of the Class of 1956 in the picture.  I could only recognize three. And I was at the 50th reunion too.  I have e-mailed the committee to see if there is a list of who's who.    :D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

We went, visited, ate, visited, and adjourned.  Simple enough.  The class' top 5 graduates were in attendance.  I know they were the top 5 because that's how many were there.   :D

Class of 1961.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodhauler

Quote from: Magicman on October 15, 2011, 05:22:35 PM
We went, visited, ate, visited, and adjourned.  Simple enough.  The class' top 5 graduates were in attendance.  I know they were the top 5 because that's how many were there.   :D

Class of 1961.
Sad when your classmates won't show up! We had our 30th trhis year and it was sad!)Only about 50 people ! And the bulk of them live within100 miles of home! We had 400 in our class
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Magicman

There were 36 in our class and 8 have died.  We have no school or town to gather in so someone has to host any get together that we may have.  We tried twice this year, so it's very doubtful that there will be any future attempt.

mrcaptainbob

There were 61 in our Class of '61 that graduated. Eight died. One came from California back to Michigan. Another from Florida. Most still live in the area. All that could attended. They were/are great people. Never witnessed ANY one of them being petty to another or bullying another. Some brought their spouses. It was a super time and we are actually planning one for the 55th anniversary.....

Ron Wenrich

This year is our 45th reunion.  I'm on the reunion committee along with 6 girls (women by now).  What an education. :D

I think we had something like 210 in our class.  I'd have to check for an exact figure. This year we'll have about 35 show up.  25% of those will be on the reunion committee. 

What's really sad is that those folks that had issues way back 45 years ago, still have issues today.  We call them up to verify their address, and they won't come because of something that happened 50 years ago.  Get over it.   

I haven't missed any of my reunions.  Its great to see those that show up, and we get to talk about all those that stay home.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

chain

We had a forty something reunion of five classes together. There were two sisters who had left back in the eigth grade that came, our basketball star came with a 'rented' young lady, my old girlfriend had just remarried and made a scene with smooching around on her new hubby all night trying to prove and convince she loved him instead of me. ???

But the most moving of all was my old quarterback and baseball teammate came, we had many games played together...he only had a few months to live with some type of cancer. It was hard to see him and a shock to us all, but his courage shown through as always.

thecfarm

MM,red oak,I was born in '61 too.woodhauler,400 in your class.   :o   I don't think we had 400 in the whole high school.   :)  I might go someday,but every time I get an invite it's like $50 for a meal. I would bring the wife too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

There's talk about a 25th reunion for my class next year.  We'll see where it goes  :-\  There were only nine of us, everyone was in the top ten  8), all but one is still in Mich and most are in the Northern Lower.  Dave is in CO. and Brian is in the Detroit area.  Most of us got together for a seven year cookout and haven't all been together since.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Brucer

We used to do the 15 year, 20 year, 25 year reunion thing. Sometimes a good turnout, sometimes not. But a couple of years ago two of my former classmates had the brilliant idea of having a "this is the year most of us turn 60" class reunion. We had over 80 grads show up, out of a class of 270. Some of them had never been to a reunion before. Best of all, everyone had a good time.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Al_Smith

We had our 45th  this years for the class of '66 .I was surprised  ,40 or so showed up out of a class of 101 .I'm thinking maybe 4 or 5 have passed away .

bedway

We also had our 45th reunion this past August. Our class graduated i think it was 297. We had about 80 plus show up. While in high school i was not part of the in crowd. I fell into the "greaser" category i guess. Cars, being cool, and not being in school activity. I have to say i had a blast. None of us looked the same but you could sure recognize your friends. Many people blossom after high school, and some its sad to say start downhill. For those of you who like myself werent to enthusiastic about reunions give it a try. My 45th was one of the most enjoyable experiences ive had in a long time.

Al_Smith

Well it's kind of funny.Some the years have been kind to and others not too kind .Most of my former class mates are retired ,myself being one exception .

Some of the ladies turned out to be foxy ladies as grandmothers and some of the prom queen types went the other way or so it seems .

Actually I probabley looked to be one of more preserved in spite of kind of a rowdy life but that has  more to do with heredity  than anything else,thanks mom and pop . ;D

fat olde elf

I attended three events this summer in Michigan stretched over 8 days.  First was my 56th high school reunion, second was the Fleming Street Csrd Sharks anual meeting, third (a week later) was the Forestry Forum Pig Roast. All great events in their own way.
I fished for several days in between. 48 graduated from Napoleon Rural Agricultural High School in 1955.  35 are still kicking....All the girls are still great looking...All the guys except me look like really old men.  This year Don Hoyt didn't make it up from Florida and croaked the Monday after the reunion.  Heavy smoker, heavy drinker and 3 wives. Sorry to lose him......We had 16 folks, but some of those were spouses. We will meet again next year a week before the Pig Roast  Say your prayers... Thanks for the topic MM. 
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

paul case

I was all paid up and quite jazzed to go to my 10 year reunion about 9 years ago, but I once again proved I am old and I forgot to go.
My folks always went to my moms reunions but after just one of my dad's and they never attended another of his. He told me that all of the folks he may have enjoyed visiting with were too drunk to carry on much conversation.
I believe there was about 45 in my graduating class. Now we are at least 6 short, 2 of which died in prison. 1 lady who graduated in my class, drowned her young child.
I don't imagime I will ever try to go to another one of my class' reunions. I see quite a few of my friends from high school an many are close in the area. 
Quapaw High School Class of 1992. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!