iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Desperation chili

Started by Kansas, October 12, 2011, 08:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kansas

Woke up yesterday morning and decided I couldn't take any more TV dinners. I needed to cook something healthful, good, and with what I had on hand, and toss it in the crockpot. Decided on chili. Didn't have all the normal stuff I would put in, but was able to substitute. Here is what I wound up with.

1lb ground venison
1 onion, diced
1/3 package of mixed bell peppers, diced
1 can chili hot beans
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cans rotel hot.. the kind with the habenaros
2 bay leaves
chili powder, cumin
3/4 can beer

Turned out darned good. However it is not for the faint of heart. Found myself using a few more crackers than normal.

I should add I fried the venison, onion and peppers before going in the crockpot in a little olive oil.

LeeB

Is that where all this wind we're getting is coming from? :D Just kidding. Actually we aregetting some much needed rain. The chili sounds good. I been wanting a good pot of chili for a while. Might make some pork chili. Just slaughtered a hog last Sunday.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sawguy21

That sounds good. A bowl of good chili really warms the innards on a cold day.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

zopi

Sounds better than depression chili....maybe I will go home today and make some recession chili...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

sawguy21

Karen had a big pot of chili on the stove when I got home. DanG I love married life ;D Had two bowls for supper. Too spicy for her taste but as far as I am concerned it was just right.
The rest is going in the freezer.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!