iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oops

Started by Bill Gaiche, October 08, 2011, 06:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

The claw got scratched back today. But ruined bandsaw blade. My first signature on claw. Maybe I will remember to lower it next time before I start sawing. bg

Banjo picker

Sad to say , but you will most likley do it again. :(  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

JP135

Dang it!

I guess its kind of like a buying a new motorcycle. Before you leave the dealership, drop it on both sides and get it out of the way.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

zopi

Oops...good one though...impress me...get one like that on the back side...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Magicman

Congratulations Bill. :o  Very nice indeed. ;D   Remembering the next time is not the problem.  Remembering all of the time is the challenge.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

character marks.   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

millwright

I thought that I was the first one to ever do that, I did mine yesterday with the first cut on a brand new blade.

T Welsh

tried to skim past the back rests today, got by this first one and didnt make it past the last one, skimmed the bottom set on the teeth only! go figure! Tim

Magicman

You need to make a slight adjustment.  If it misses the first one, it absolutely should miss the last.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Then I am in trouble if it requires me to remember all the time. bg

Magicman

:D :D  That is why it is a challenge.   :)

Paper Maker

Was anybody watching? ;D I was cutting a 18' white oak for someone yesterday and forgot to lower the front toe board. Needless to say I cut a wedge. What can you say. It was frustrating to say the least. Live and learn.

WDH

Bill,

At least you did a good job of it.  No point in just nicking it.  If you are going to do something, you may as well do it right  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

Nope, nobody saw it but my camera. bg

Papa1stuff

If no one saw it ,it didn't happen :D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Nomad

It did once he took a picture of it   ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Chuck White

We've all (or most anyway) hit iron Bill.

You really did a fine job, should have been enough to get it out of your system.   ;)

Could have been one of those "sawmill gremlins", they're pretty sneaky.  >:(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Cedarman

Quote from: millwright on October 08, 2011, 08:30:40 PM
I thought that I was the first one to ever do that, I did mine yesterday with the first cut on a brand new blade.
Millwright, I always do it with the last cut the blade ever makes. :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

jueston

Quote from: nomad on October 09, 2011, 07:24:22 AM

just maintain to the end "it came like that!"

:D

dovetails

Quote from: Cedarman on October 09, 2011, 08:21:21 AM
Quote from: millwright on October 08, 2011, 08:30:40 PM
Millwright, I always do it with the last cut the blade ever makes. :D :D

Thats a fact! After cuttin the top of a backstop to a nice taper, the blade didn't even have teeth left on mine! Who says ya can't cut metal with a wood blade!
1984 wm lt30,ford 3000 w/frt lift,several chain saws, 1953 model 30 Vermeer stump grinder,full wood working shop, log home in the woods what more ya need?

paul case

Quote from: jueston on October 09, 2011, 09:49:49 AM
Quote from: nomad on October 09, 2011, 07:24:22 AM

:D

we would know that was a fib since bill built his own mill!   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

HuZzEy

when I got my thomas 2411 I put my 2nd new blade on and hit one of my backstops I backed the saw up and rammed it again before I noticed it wasen't gonna go newb mistake I slow down before I get to them now and watch

barbender

One problem with Wm hydraulic mills, when you get into a cut far enough to realize that your backstops are too high, you are no longer on the contact strip that powers your hydraulics, so you can't move the backstops without backing out of the cut. If you back up with the blade engaged, it jumps off the bandwheels, usually ruining the blade :-[ I've done this many times, I hope someday I'll learn. Sometimes I take a chance and try to go past the backstops,  hoping I'll miss
Usually I don't  ::) It's good for variety though. Bill, if I was you, I would complain to the manufacturer about not making some sort of gaurd  to keep you from sawing into your turner ;D
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

Quote from: jueston on October 09, 2011, 09:49:49 AM

Mine did come like that.  Here is what the tip of my log turner looks like.  As you can see, half of the tip is sawed off, courtesy of the previous owner.

Since the blade was ruined, he said that he just wanted to see if it would finish the cut!

Thank You Sponsors!