iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Photos upload

Started by woodzy88, October 01, 2011, 10:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodzy88

Managed to upload my photos thanks to a big help from Ianab .
Really appreciated Ian .We will have to get you out for a go at a Kingfish!!
Or a big Snapper 8) :)
Cheers Doug.
woodzy88

Ianab

Cool, I see the gallery is getting bigger.  :)

Now, you have to make some posts and tell the stories behind some of those pics.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

ChuckinVa

When I went to look at your gallery there wasn't anything showing. Maybe linked to the wrong gallery ? It references "EasyMoney ", not Woodzy88

Jeff

I would like to stress that the galleries are for the purpose of posting a photo to the forum, not for storage. I just discovered a mess yesterday by a poster in the timberframe board that I will somehow have to sort through. He has maybe a dozen posts with a dozen photos but he has uploaded almost 400 photos to our server. If we have people doing that, we will run out of room.  I am now forced to put on a limit on the amount o person can upload due to his actions. What scares me about that is, that someone starts deleting photos to make more room.

Woodzy, this post is in no way a reflection on you. Good job on posting the photos.  I only said something because it became topical with my discovery, and the title of your post fits.

If anyone is uploading photos that are not being used in a post PLEASE don't, and if you have, and they have not been used in a post, remove them.

I fixed the gallery link to Woodzy's gallery.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Guilty as as charged.  :(   I worked on a couple albums and have one more to do. I search the forum of each picture too make sure I did not use it. Probaly deleted 20 pictures so far. Sorry.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodzy88

Hi Jeff,

Im new to forum and think its a great site . My father was a logger here in New Zealand and I worked with him in some incredibly steep and dangerous terrain.We were logging the native Rimu, Matai and Kiahikatea trees with winch bulldozer and doing our own roading. Many of the roads had to be blasted in and we had a few machines roll over but were lucky no one was killed. Many of the logs were in excess of 20 tons and sent out a lot of single log loads for a truck with jinker . I have a lot of great Photos of this era and would like to scan some when I get time to share with the forum including the story behind the picture of course. I take it what you have said once a photo has been used with a post then it is better to remove it is this correct?

Woodzy

woodzy88

Jeff

No! Exactly the opposite. One you use a photo in the post, then you must never delete it or it will disappear from the post. Just don't upload any photos other than the ones you are going to put in a post at that time.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

Yup, Now you have got the photo uploading sorted, you need to do some posts with the explanations and stories behind them.

Having seen the old photo album you are talking about, some of those certainly do need to be scanned and uploaded too, but make some posts with the pics you have now first.

I've seen your mill and logs etc, the others haven't.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Taylortractornut

Woodzy your not a Lambert are you I got a pic of a D5B     I got upside down.      Thats a nice looking HD11AC  yall got there.     I spent a good deal of time on a friends  HD20 with a 6-110 Detroit  a few years ago building a log road and   moving a hill.
My overload permit starts after sunset

Brad_bb

It's interesting that Jeff brings this up.  I've gone to the random photos that show up on the front page and sometimes want to see the post that goes with them, only to find that they are not used in a post.  I've always only loaded pics I was using in a post.  I understood that from the beginning.  I have a hosting site for my other pics that I might use elsewhere.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

woodzy88

Quote from: Taylortractornut on October 10, 2011, 06:28:08 PM
Woodzy your not a Lambert are you I got a pic of a D5B     I got upside down.      Thats a nice looking HD11AC  yall got there.     I spent a good deal of time on a friends  HD20 with a 6-110 Detroit  a few years ago building a log road and   moving a hill.
Not a lambert , I rolled a TD 20C down a gully years ago ,had no set belt on . I had a foxterrier dog on with me . The dog fell off on the first roll and the dozer went over him. I hung onto the bottom of the blade lever and the throttle lever and managed to stay in the seat. The dozer did two and a half rolls and slapped its tracks into the bank on the other side of the gully then slowly rolled back onto its canopy. I got a bash on the head by a big logging shackle and acid burns from the batterys which are under the seat on the 20C . When I crawled out form the machine and was climbing back up the hill the sandstone started moving in front of me and up popped Toby my dog . He limped a bit but other wise was fine. we hauled the 20C out with an HD 16 we had and after checking it out and some minor repairs it was back at work.

Woodzy
woodzy88

Thank You Sponsors!