iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my timber hut

Started by Tullivor, September 30, 2011, 11:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tullivor

this is my first time timber framing and i am learning lots!  I bought my mill in early spring and before i knew it i was cutting timbers out of my inlaws property to build them a cabin for back in their bush.  They already have a little building called the "cabin" so i am calling this the timber hut!  I am for the most part following the plans from Sobon's timber framing construction book.  What a great book to learn from and an amazing starting project.  Everything is explained so well with pictures to match.

most of the material

not sure who is driving the tractor??

chiseling the posts

and finally on the weekend raised it!

I have started to cut the joints on my plates for my rafters, and if everything goes to plan might have one up this weekend!

WildDog

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

thecfarm

Yes it does look good. Going to get it done before snow gets on the ground?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tullivor

that was my original plan, but like many others is not going to happen!  It actually works out better i think though because it is in a barn where i can work on it over winter and it will be drying out in place without any heat, sunshine, or rain...  thats my thinking anyways.

Thank You Sponsors!