iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Still asking questions

Started by island boy, September 30, 2011, 03:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

island boy

Island boy checking in with more ?????'s

Hope everyone has had a great week. Mine has been filled with thoughts on milling and questions regarding my many options when it comes to mills. I continue to dig deeper into the possibilities that are available. I went to a fair last weekend and saw a Thomas bandsaw mill in operation and had many questions taken care of by company owner Jon Thomas....nice guy and a nice mill. Competitively priced, family run, local (Maine)business. Also have looked into the Logosol M7 chainsaw mill. Although this type of mill seems like alot more time and effort to run, its lower cost and portability was of interest. Can anyone give me some insights and/or feed back on either of these two mills?

Have a great weekend

zopi

Chainsaw mills are typically more trouble, and kerf than they are worth....I do not know about the bandmill...dyed in the wool wm fan...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

thecfarm

I have a Thomas mill. They have quite a few different models now. I have the mill that can cut 20 footers,18hp Honda and bunks that can be moved so I can cut a piece of wood 1 foot long with no jig and no hassle. That's really why I bought it. Sawed some with it. A very simple mill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!