iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sad News Regarding Brother Noble

Started by NoblesSon, September 29, 2011, 08:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

i was always amused at the line at the bottom of his posts.

milking and logging and sawing and milking.

it hit too close to home to be funny but was too real to ignore. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Chuck White

What a shock!

Bro will be sadly missed.

Our condolences to his family and to the Forestry Forum family, Bro was a great man and will be missed by all.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Patty

Oh no. This news just breaks my heart.

I love reading Bro Nobles posts, he was so intelligent and so funny. While I never had the pleasure to meet Noble, I did have the pleasure of buying lumber from him. He was truly a class act all the way.

One thread I remember him the most from was about the women in the Bible. I laughed and laughed at the comments. I will search to find that thread so you all can enjoy his wonderful humor.

God be with you Noble, we will miss you.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

rbhunter

I am said to hear Brother Noble is gone. I always enjoyed his posts and knowledge and wisdom. He will be missed by many of us.

Randy
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

trapper

Sad news for all of us except Brother Noble.  He is in a better place.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Dodgy Loner

When I logged onto the Forum this morning and saw Bro. Noble's picture at the top of the page, I knew exactly what it meant :-\. He will be missed, but our loss is his gain. My prayers are with the family.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Kevin

Here's a short conversation I had with Noble that cracked me up ...

PM from Noble ...

QuoteReally appreciate the tip on Winchester Bob

Are you an old gun fan?

Me ...I'm only 52.

Noble ...

QuoteNow I remember why I don't talk to you much !
:D :D

pineywoods

I sincerely hope the "standing in need of prayer" chain he started will forever remain active as a tribute to a fine human being...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

brdmkr

I am truly sad to hear of your loss.  I never met Brother Noble, but I enjoyed his posts.  A truly outstanding man.  My prayers go out for you and your family.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

OneWithWood

My heart sank when I saw Brother Noble's picture.  I have met few true gentlemen in my life, Noble was definately one and a good example for us all.

It is good he passed in his sleep and suffered not. 

I will miss his wit and wisdom greatly.

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

Well, that ruins my day.  Noble and I were special friends. We met personally awt the first pig roast and found ourselves connected at the hip, both shying from large groups.

We spent many evenings sharing email of intimate personal contacts, including a friend he had in South  America, Tom and the "Stupid Cows". I'm really going to miss him a lot.  His passing leaves a hole in my heart. I hope that he is singing with the angels now and telling  them of his friend in Florida.  Life is short and we'll all be back together again soon.

I have a special file of Noble's talks about Tom.  He sure loved his boy

clww

I'm very saddened to hear of this loss. My prayers go out to his friends and family.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Roxie

A poem for Brother Noble about cows and life:

The Cows At Night    
by Hayden Carruth

The moon was like a full cup tonight,
too heavy, and sank in the mist
soon after dark, leaving for light

faint stars and the silver leaves
of milkweed beside the road,
gleaming before my car.

Yet I like driving at night
in summer and in Vermont:
the brown road through the mist

of mountain-dark, among farms
so quiet, and the roadside willows
opening out where I saw

the cows. Always a shock
to remember them there, those
great breathings close in the dark.

I stopped, and took my flashlight
to the pasture fence. They turned
to me where they lay, sad

and beautiful faces in the dark,
and I counted them–forty
near and far in the pasture,

turning to me, sad and beautiful
like girls very long ago
who were innocent, and sad

because they were innocent,
and beautiful because they were
sad. I switched off my light.

But I did not want to go,
not yet, nor knew what to do
if I should stay, for how

in that great darkness could I explain
anything, anything at all.
I stood by the fence. And then

very gently it began to rain.

Say when

dewwood

This is sad news.  My thoughts are with his family.  I met Noble several years ago and had an instant liking for the man.  He was the definition of "gentleman".
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Ernie

Thank you David for taking time from your grieving to let us know that your Dad is now with our Good Lord.  He will be missed by us as well.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

jim king

Please add my thoughts and wishes to the family as well.  Sad day for many people.

Dave Shepard

I'm sorry to hear of his passing.  I will miss him.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Brad_S.

I never met the man nor communicated with him personally but I enjoyed his posts and feel I too have lost a friend. My deepest sympathy to the family.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

SwampDonkey

My last IM with Brother Noble was just about a month ago, when he was deciding on a brush saw to work on some area of the back yard to clean up for his wife. Kind of a little park.  :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

BBTom

I so enjoyed the couple of days that I "camped" out by his sawmill.  Helped David and Bro Noble bring in a load of logs, took a hike through the pasture and on down by the creek.  His home and family where warm and friendly.  Thank you David for sharing with us.  

I do believe I hear a bunch of  Angels laughing at a really good hog hunting story.  
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Woodcarver

As so many have already said, there is an empty spot in our world.  I never met Brother Noble in person and yet, as a country boy who grew up around farming and hauled many a can of milk from farms to a cheese factory, I felt a certain kinship.  I will always remember Noble and his "stoopid cows".  He and his family will be in my prayers tonight and days to come. 
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Ironwood

Sad news, my thoughts to the family.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

crtreedude

I have always enjoyed what Bro Noble has put up here, my thoughts are with his family.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

GF

That is very sad news, our thoughts and prayers are with his family. 

Gary

smwwoody

Sorry for your loss. I hate to hear it.  He was a Good Man

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system