iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sad News Regarding Brother Noble

Started by NoblesSon, September 29, 2011, 08:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakiemac

Very sad news indeed. He will be greatly missed.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

wesdor

Thank you for letting us know.  I only know him from his posts, but he was a man of great integrity and also willing to help others.  A real example for the rest of us.

You and the family are in my thoughts and prayers.

woodbill2

Sad news indeed.

I always enjoyed his posts.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.
Rain doesn't get things wet, it makes them grow. So next time you get rained on, remember you're growing, not getting wet.

DanG

A sudden hole has appeared in my heart as I found this thread.  Bro. Noble was one of the dearest of friends whose hand I never got to shake.  His wit, wisdom and kindness will never be forgotten until I join him.  He left a legacy on this forum, a thread called, "Standing in the Need of Prayer", where we lift up the needs of any who are in need.  I don't even feel the need to make an entry there in his behalf, but a mental prayer for him and to him will go up every time I see it.  Rest in Peace my good friend.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kevin

A very sad day, Noble will be greatly missed.
His keen wit made me laugh many times over the years.
My condolences to the family.

Faron

David, I am so sorry for your loss.  We will miss him here on the forum.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

barbender

So sorry to hear about Bro. Noble's passing. Thank you for letting us know.  :'(
Too many irons in the fire

ronwood

Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Fla._Deadheader

We wish to offer our condolences to the Barker family. Brother Noble will be missed by us.

I really enjoyed his wit in his posts.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Meadows Miller

I am so sorry to hear off Bro Nobles passing my deepest condolances to you and your family in this trying time  :( :'(

As Dang said his honesty,helpfullness and personality will still be seen by us and any person who reads his threads and posts on the forum he will be sadly missed by many  of us who never even met him in person but shared a common bond .

He was one man I would have truly loved to meet in person  :)

Best regards Christopher McMahon
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Coon

Condolences from our family to yours.  As stated he will be greatly missed and the forum just won't be the same without him..... but just remember his wit and charm will be with many of us for years to come.  :( 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Very sorry for the loss of a great guy on this forum and to his family at home. Enjoyed many of his posts over the years. Always full of wit and insight. He will be missed by everyone who knew him.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

kderby

Thank you Brother Noble.  With community, the good and the sadness come along.  I'll miss your posts.  We will miss you.  Thank you for being part of my life and our community.

Kderby

CLL

Our thoughts and prayers go with your family.  CLL
Too much work-not enough pay.

WildDog

This is a real hard one to swallow, go in peace Brother Noble.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

fishpharmer

According to Webster, "noble" means "outstanding qualities."   Mr. Noble Barker's picture should forever be etched in all dictionaries defining "noble."  It will be in my mind.   

Only for a relatively short time did I know Noble.  We bacame good friends,we shared notes on farming, he helped save my daughters calf, I advised him on fish stocking and feeding.  His love for his family, especially grandchildren, was contageous.  He was a man I admired and will forever more.  His family will find comfort knowing we shall all meet again someday in heaven above.  Until then good bye my Noble friend.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Cedarman

Others have spoken the words that I feel.
My condolences.
Just seeing the name Brother Noble always brought a smile to my face because I could see the stoopid cows in my mind.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

breederman

My condolences to the family. He will be missed by many. I had hoped to meet him one day as we had exchanged pms on several occasions.
Together we got this !

wwsjr

My condolences to the family. I had the privilege to visit with him a few years ago. I will treasure the time I spent with Noble and touring his sawmill operation.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Burlkraft

I am sorry to hear about Brother Nobel.
A sad day indeed
His wit and humor will greatly missed.
Good travels Bro Nobel...Good travels  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Corley5

:( :'( :( :'( :'( :'(  My condolences to Brother Noble's father.  We are very sorry for your loss.  His passing is a loss to everyone.  We are saddened.  I first met him in person at a Pig roast several years ago and visited their farm three times over the past couple years picking up his Dad's Corley #5 sawmill.  We enjoyed every minute of those visits which were always shorter than I would have liked :(  One visit he had a toy steel wheeled tractor with a gas engine he'd put together for his grandkids out for Zach to ride  8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Stephen Alford

My condolences to the family, Brother Noble will be missed indeed.
logon

Norm

LeeB

I'm truly heartbroken to hear this sad sad news. I never met Bro Noble in person but feel close to him through our frienship on the forum. There is a large hole in my heart this morning as I try to take in this news. My heart goes out to his Family and his family hear on the forum. He will definatrely be missed.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

chet

Judy and I had the pleasure of meeting Brother Noble in person, a true gentleman. He will truely be missed. Our condolences to the family.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!