iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thieves gripe my ______

Started by whitepe, October 06, 2011, 04:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitepe

Geesh... I am pithed.    The thieves are at it again in rural Peoria county and three people I know have been hit.  One of them is good friend and he had his relatively new John Deere Compact utility tractor with loader heisted.   One of the other two victims is a retired Illinois state trooper (he has deer hunted at my place before) and he lost various items in the house.      So, I have taken to putting wheel locks and hitch locks on my trailers which are parked outside.   also using disk brake locks on other equipment that is kept inside a locked pole building. 
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Magicman

There is no way to describe the anger and disgust that follows a break in.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

whitepe

well stated Magicman.     the recent events remind me of our vulnerability.  As the good lord says,  turn the other cheek... but so hard at times.    I had a company owned laptop stolen out of my car at a gas
station many years ago while I had walked in to by a candy bar.   I had put it on the back seat after leaving work and had forgotten to lock the back door.  I was only inside for a minute or two. 
a day or so later, I remembered that when I walked in, one of the employees was walking out with the long stick to check fuel tank levels and I was parked over the opening.  So I figured it was him.
I had fun jerking him around the next week when I told him later in the week while getting a coffee that wait till the guy who stole it opens it up.  A GPS tracking device will report it's location immediately to
corporate security.   His face immediately turned beet red.  Two days later he quit his job probably so he wouldn't have to see me get coffee every morning.  he who laughs last, laughs loudest as the saying goes.

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Magicman

I have been ripped off 3 times in the last 2 years.  Generator, battery charger, air compressor, laptop, wheel barrow, etc.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

easymoney

it used to be that a cattle rustler  or horse thief was  a hanging offence. i think the law may still be on the books in some places  yet it is never enforced any more.
if thieves was hung it would cut down on crime at least there would be no repeat offenders. ;D

DanG

Scrap thieves are rampant around here.  I was hit about a month ago for some minor stuff.  A few days ago, my Granddaughter went to their remote place to ride one of the horses, and noticed a truck pulling out of her Daddy's junkyard with a car on the trailer.  When he checked, SIL found that six cars and 2 tractors were gone, along with a pile of scrap metal he was saving up.  The Sheriff's Dept traced them down to a scrap yard in the next county and have all they need for theft and burglary arrests, but are holding out for drug arrests too.  He's getting the tractors(junkers) back, along with 4 of the cars.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Taylortractornut

They  will tear up 1000 dollars worth of stuff to steal 50 bucks worth.    Theres a small scrap yard near work and they get alot of the folks that have been banned from the big scrap yards.        I had a friend  call me to take a look over their  the otherday.   Someone cleaned out oaal the fuel caps and batteries and   cut the cables off   to the battery box bulkheads. 

Neighbor cut up all his dads stuff what he didnt  steal from him  before he died.   He sold the last truck and backhoe and has one more tractor forsale then Il have to gaurd my   yard.      He and one of his sons are sorry as buzzard crap.     

I built a log arch about  5 years ago for a friend in cherokee AL.    My friend is in Afghanistan  in the army and  his wife called.    SHe caught some women stealing  My friends dump trailer.  THe arch and a log trailer and some  tractor implements were found at a big scrap yard. 
My overload permit starts after sunset

sandhills

We had an old International semi tractor that we converted into a power unit for an irrigation well probably 25 years ago, when it's useful life ran out we parked it thinking it would be a good parts engine for our other old detroit power units.  All they did was shot it all up at first, but this sumer I noticed it's now missing a radiator, they didn't waste much time in getting it out either, all the mounts were broke off, and this is one that was built heavy.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

johncinquo

I bought a "fixer upper" recently and started getting some of the work done to it.  I had a flatbed trailer loaded down with a bunch of lumber and roofing supplies.  It was tucked back in the woods where it could not be seen from the road.  The house has been empty for about 5 years so not a lot of traffic or looking at the place.  Between Monday afternoon and Weds morning, someone walked off with all my roofing shingles and felt.  They left another $800 worth of lumber sitting there, but I imagine if I had not come by when I did that would have been gone too.  I wrote a note with my contact info and went to all the nearby neighbors and introduced myself and told them what had happened for their info.   I did meet some hinky folks, and have a pretty good idea who it was but you can't prove anything.  At least now I have all the rest kinda "looking out" for me and I hope that looking a man in the eye and shaking his hand at least might prevent someone from stealing from them again.  That, and the fact I told them all we believe in SSS property protection.   :D
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

jueston

Quote from: Taylortractornut on October 07, 2011, 08:10:09 PM
They  will tear up 1000 dollars worth of stuff to steal 50 bucks worth.    

my girlfriends old camry got broken into a while ago for the radio, broke a $200 window for a radio that is $10 on ebay....

Quote from: clww on October 08, 2011, 08:35:42 PM
Selling the copper out of it.

around here there are vacant houses everywhere and i have seen the inside of a lot of them. 75% of the ones that had copper pipe its gone now, they just see that its vacant, go in through a window, take the stuff they can get out easy and leave..... trash everything on the way out....

Peter Drouin

Hi all, left Friday night to go to the open house of Woodmizer of Maine. Had a good time Saturday at the open house. My wife and I left there for home at noon=four hours later we were home. ( a lot of leaf peepers in the area) Sunday morning deceided to plant our christmas trees that we got at the Fryeburg fair. We buy trees every year.  Had to cut some brush out of the way went to the barn to get the saw and they had both been stolen. my 372s are gone and one was new. Guess I'll have to go get a new saw in the morning. Boy this really pithes me off !!!! But the trees I just planted look good. >:( >:(
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Only 10 minutes from me.Ross kept that quiet. I never heard about it,or I would of went. I don't have a WM but still like to go and look.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

no luck yet finding the saws. the new dolmar works good, going sat to cut a road in a 9 A woodlot I just gut. some nice red oak out there. :) :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

tomsteve

they go after anything metal around here. a few months back, one of the local scrap yards had a truck pull in with a bucket from a backhoe in it. the dillrod was ooking to get cash for it as scrap. good thing most criminals are not too bright. a quick call to the cop shop and 2 days earlier it was stolen from a contractor in a neighboring town. dumb a*s tryin to scrap it worked for the company, up til then.

Taylortractornut

Its getting nearer about my neighbor stealing again.    I shouldnt say neighbor just the sob down the road.    Hes sold the last truck and backhoe for scrap.   I think hes down to the tractor now.     He draws disability and runs a skidder for a local logger.     A friend caught him eyballing   his chisel plow yeasterday.
My overload permit starts after sunset

Peter Drouin

what a pane haveing to lock up  and put all the tools away every day. so the thieves don't cleen me out. maybe 5 or 6 big dogs in the yard will work :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Cardius

A recent story on our local news,  a man an wife were arrested for cutting the metal supports out from under a bridge on a rarely used backroad.

easymoney

some of the scrap dealers are no better than the ones selling junk to them. they surely realize that some of the things are stolen. they just hope to move it along before they get caught with it.
a local scrap dealer in my town went out of business when he got caught with a bunch of stolen vehicles.

Peter Drouin

ya a house for sale down the road in the first week had all the copper cut out of it. I would like to hold there hands in the beehive for a bit, my bees would have fun , :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

gary

If you think stealing copper out of vacant houses is bad chek this out. They stole a bridge for scrap. 
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/you-dont-see-every-day-thieves-steal-bridge

Peter Drouin

I know it's crazy, I'm getting a bunch of game cameras that can take pictures at night without a flash. The new chainsaw was $800. I'm going to get another $800 in cameras. Then I will have pictures of the theives in the act. I'll show them the picture of themselves just before I put my hands around their neck. :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!