iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this a good day????? with pictures

Started by Jeremy2200, September 29, 2011, 08:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy2200

Been sawing syp for a fellow in north ms. I run a MANUAL lt 15 with a warn winch to load logs. No equipment on site all done manual. What I am asking is I sawed 1150 bdft in an 8 hour work day (With a 30 minute lunch.) Is this a pretty good day for a lt 15 or do i need to work faster. I felt it the next 2 days in my shoulder. If i could just find a way to turn the logs i would be in business. The logrite works but man it kills me. Just wondering if this is a pretty good day or what. All 1x and 2 x material .

Bibbyman

Looks like a nice day - getting lumber sawn is just a bonus!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Bill Gaiche

I would say that you have earned a WM Orange Star. bg

thecfarm

Take it easy on that shoulder. At 29 it will only get worse. Does not matter the how much,but how does it look at the end is what really matters. There is always someone that can do more,better,faster. Like I say to them,go ahead I'll watch.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

cypresskayaksllc

LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

zopi

Considering the rated output of the mill from wm is 175 bdft and hour...yeah, you were spittin some twigs...

Probs with your shoulder...they have an electric drive...it os pricy, but alot cheaper than shoder surgery and disability..

Gotta plug the GO...the winch on the trailer could easily be replaced with electric, and is easily adaptable to turning logs...check out Norwood's manual turner...it is not inconceivable to run the whole mill electrically...I have a small 110v hand winch which I was using with a tripod to turn monsters, you set the tripod over the log amd mill, attatch the winch, wrap the cable and dog it to the log...heave around and the log turns...slow, but a back saver...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

WDH

Is this a good day? 

No, definitely not.  It was a Great Day.  I have sawn thousands and thousand of BF on my LT15, and I can tell you that breaking 1000 BF is a great day.  Think about every step and every action that you took during the day and that will verify the results!

I cannot do 1000 in a day without a helper, but then again, I only cut hardwood and mostly 4/4 at that.  I bet that you slept well that night  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

A very good day.  I would not be concerned with productivity levels.  The only important thing is quality and self satisfaction.  Everything else will follow.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

zopi

MM makes a good point...quality over quantity...keep the quality, eventually the quantity will come. Preferably with hydraulics...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

WDH

On a LT15, 1150 BF is a whack of quantity  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Don't be ashamed of what you did there, that is a wack of lumber for any manual mill  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Bandmill Bandit

For a manual mill you did very well and it looks like nice lumber too. Be proud. Good quality is ALWAYS better the large pile of sawn fire wood.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Jeremy2200

Thanks everyone. Finally started sawing by the hour instead of Bdft. Trying to show the wife that there's a market for sawing so I can upgrade to a 40 hyd. Prob gonna be about a year before I can upgrade

Thank You Sponsors!