iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I hate thieves.

Started by Tom, January 19, 2004, 08:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Swamp donkeys like corn too ;D

I know what theft is like, since just about every neighbor that has land next to me have stole wood and fir tips. The neighbor next door hired a contractor to harvest all his wood a while back, now he has no source of stovewood and he goes out after dark and cuts on the neighbors for his firewood. Its hard to convict wood theft here, so most don't persue it.

Oh that's just a bunch of trees, who cares. ::)

Most theft is done by local hooligans within 10 miles of your home. There are quite a few people locally I wouldn't trust because they don't work and are always driving up and down the road on a daily basis in their old clinker vehicles. When I'm away from the house for a few days I always leave a light on over the kitchen sink, which faces the drive-way and the car is in the garage which may deter someone sneeking around.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

here's your moose oops  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Scott

Wood theft is a big problem around here, hard to prove and the authorities don't seem to care a lot. Once a logger who was working on the woodlot beside ours decided he liked the look of our timber. He clear cut 60 arcres of prime spruce (nothing under a foot in diameter). This was no mistake, on the side this guy is a surveyor. We hired a forester in to figure out the volume of timber removed. All my dad was able to get through court was the going stumpage rate. Personally if I caught this low life no good on my land cutting my trees I'd burn his machine, that would make things break even. Things are getting better for woodlot owners in the region, this happened some 16 years ago. Since then the courts have startd to get thier act together but theres still a lot to be done.

SwampDonkey

HI Scott:

Yes my site has a link to the wood theft coalition in New Brunswick. Their site is kind of dated since it was posted during the crown land wood theft controversy a couple years ago.

click here:

http://www.klondikekonsulting.com/Website/timber.htm

and click on the 'Wood Theft' link below the page banner and master links.

Your local forest products marketing board has circulated flyers and brochures about it back then. I think in your area its the SNB Wood Coop in Sussex.

regards

Frank_Pender

Here in Oregon, we have a law that says, if you take anothers tress it is tripple damages of the tree value.  But never-the-less the trees are gone and you have to begin growing for another 40 years.
Frank Pender

Scott

I think it's double right now. Thats not too bad but triple is a lot better. Like Frank said you have to begin growing for at least another 40 years before you can start harvesting again. I think the logger should have to pay for site restoration as well for things like skidder ruts and replanting of trees.

L. Wakefield

I *think* it's triple in Maine. Legitimate harvester stay very far away from a disputed boundary to avoid this penalty.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Tom

Well, we found later that they got into the shop.  Must have been here quite a while.

The pressure washer, which was still in the box, is gone as well as a lot of plates and fall stuff my wife bought.  I know there are tools missing but its hard to see the obvious sometimes.

It's strange.  They opened most every box stored in there and did the same in the house. They must have been looking for just certain things.  The dollars continue to climb. This is having a bad emotional effect on the both of us.

SwampDonkey

@ Tom:

I just hate the thought of someone breaking into my shop and taking all my wood working tools if I'm away for several days. And all my milled hardwood? I'de be ready to K***  >:(

I've had the side window of my pickup busted out for a set of tools worth less than the window  :D And the roughbox lock broke out for a set of sockets. Just people with nothing of their own causing trouble.  ;)

Hope you find who violated your property and hang them up by the toes.

regards

Swede

>:(  They stole Your tools??!! >:(

I know I´m a little deviant.  Some years ago,  I  introduced ISO-9000 in my home. Evrything I didn´t know when i wanted to use again I took out. It was a ordeal. :-/ but also a release. There is only a little ceramic dog I should miss, I dont know why.  ???

But if somebody stole my ESAB A-9, my Uryu UD60... >:( >:( .....or "Amerika-Sågen"

A man said once he had been on the beach looking for stones. -STONES???? I sad. Do You pick up stones??
-Yes, he said, and You to, if it´s the "right" stone.
I had to shut up and look down.

Most people have personal things that has a value for them and i have all respect for it.
Tom, I realy want You to get Your stuff back, even the personaly. And of course Your whife´s stuff too. Whifes often dear their "unuseful" things more than men.

Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

D._Frederick

Tom,
You need a gate so that they (the thieves) can't drive to your buildings. It slows them down if they have to carry a pressure washer 2-3 hundred yards.

Larry

Gates, cameras, a neighborhood watch and big dogs?

When all else fails, I guess you could do it the Missouri way.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson6.html

It's a terrible thing in a civilized community that we have to put up with these scuzbums.

Sorry for your loss.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

SwampDonkey

;D Swede

My shop tools were not taken, just some wrenches from my vehicle. I didn't know if you misunderstood. ;)

regards

Duane_Moore

:-/ Well here it is 3:00 A.M. Calif time I am up. the police dept from Chico. Ca. called a couple hrs ago. about 60 miles away. they had a suspect in custody with our check books on his person. Looks like some hope  fingers XXXXX. will see later. so maybe some good for you Tom. its been 2 mo. since our robbery.   God Bless.   Duane.
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Tom

I hope they got'em, Duane.  Put them away, big time.  Don't let them slip away.  The courts will try to turn them loose. :)

J_T

A while back two lads ten and eleven wrecked my wife's what knot shop . It is a house where Ihave the sawmill,I caught them. Called the cops one boy had been left home alone .We did the court thing I almost got locked up another story same deal.They were convicted no parent came to look at things or to say they were sorry we offered to settel for a few hundred dollars they said to sue us . So after a few months that is where we are sue them we will to the max I have been to mad to post this or talk about it .One kid lives in a 250,000 house and had a public defender that tried to make me look like the bad guy. ??? Good luck Tom need bail I"ll put in.
Jim Holloway

Tom

Thank You Sponsors!