iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I hate thieves.

Started by Tom, January 19, 2004, 08:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

The police have just left the house after investigating a buglary here.  I saw tire prints on the hardtop when I came home so they must've been here within an hour of my arriving.  The front door was jymied open and the house ransacked. A couple of rifles and a good bit of my wife's jewilry and pocket change was taken.  So much wasn't.  We don't understand.  My cameras, TV's, electronics and things that I would have expected to be taken haven't been.

First blush looks like a couple of thousand dollars worth.

I sure hate to go to work tomorrow. >:(

etat

Sounds like druggies working fast, need a quick buck for a fix or something like that. Or maybe dumb kids.  I hope they get caught, get what they deserve, and you get your stuff back. .  Take precautions, now that they know what's in your house they may come back.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Paul_H

Sorry to hear about that Tom.You work hard for your money.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

chet

A thief ranks right in there with that class of critters you find when you turn over rocks. That's one reason I like living where I do, not too much of that sort of thing.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Flurida_BlackCreek

Sorry to hear that Tom. I hate thieves too.  Hope they catch the pith ant(s) that ripped you off.
I'm happy anywhere south of the mason-dixon line.
-- cdb

whitepe

Tom,
That's terrible and leaves you with an empty feeling
in the pit of your stomach. Local law enforcement usually have a good idea about who is usually behind things
like that especially if you don't live in a highly populated
area. Hang in there and be thankful that no one
got hurt in the robbery.
Perry
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Corley5

That sucks!!!!  It'd make me wish I was home with my
.40 S&W when they jimmied their way in.  Hope they catch the sonsa*#$^!$* and hopefully the guns and jewelry didn't have too much sentimental value.  Like Chet we don't have much of that kinda stuff go on around here.  If it were to happen chances are I'd find out who it was anyway and then.....
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

DanG

Jeepers, Tom, that just makes my blood boil! >:(  I'd like to have just five minutes with the dispicable worms that would break into someone's home and steal their belongings.  I've been lucky, so far, with most of my stuff out where it is vulnerable, and I think I owe my luck to my six dogs. They bark and growl at the slightest disturbance. They wouldn't hurt a flea, but they would surely eat a burglar for breakfast. ;D
If I ever catch a thief in the act around here, they will wish the dogs had gotten them, and they'll be mighty glad to see the cops.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Some of what was taken was good stuff.  The majority was costume jewelry.  One of the rifles was an old 22.  A fairly non-descript bolt action single shot.  The other was an automatic Remington that was given to my wife by her father when she was a young teenager.  Her father passed away in the 70's and she is really upset about losing it.

I don't know what I would do if I caught them.  I know what I would like to do if I found them right now.  If they were to come back and I found them, they had best bend over and kiss their ()*& goodbye.

DanG

Now, now, Tom. I know that, being the kind and benevolent gentleman that you are, you wouldn't actually "off" these dudes. But I bet you could sure make them think you were gonna! ;D ;D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

what comes to mind is

!:  they didn't tell anybody they were going to my house

2: I still have weapons

3: I live way back in a swamp

4: I have a Backhoe.

5: I may not be at work.

DanG

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were P.O.'d.  

I hope they catch the little @#%$##s!

Kirk_Allen

Tom,
So sorry to hear the bad news.

We will keep you and your family in our prayers!

pasbuild

I don't look kindly at anybody that isn't willing to pull up there pants and take care of themselves >:( and thieves are at the bottom of that list.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Stephen_Wiley

Unfortunately, have had the same experience, although it was 23 years ago.

Remember, at the time the feeling as I could best describe it as being raped. The fact that they had been in every private aspect of our home and saw my wife's and my picture.

We lived on a cul-de-sac at the time, they simply plugged in a skillsaw to outside outlet and sawed a hole in the door.  Neighbors homes which faced this door saw nothing, even though it occurred in broad daylight.

Police told us they had a pretty good idea of potentials but in reality only resolved apx. 4% of burglary's.

Hope the police do better where your at Tom.

I have often wondered what tradgedy's befall the thiefs as the Lord says:  "Revengence is mine "
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Swede

This gives me bad feelings  :( but .......Here they comes at night when people are asleep. Usaly to old couples or single living men. They even kill them or at least hurt them badly.
I usaly dont lock my doors when I leave for some hours but leave the lights on. And most burglars dont want to hear a radio while they are working. When I go to bed I lock the doors, so even if I´m sleeping like a rock I can hear them. And nobody knews if I have any alarm or a rifle under my quilt........ ;D

I´m always glad when nobody get hurt or killed but it´s even bad to hear this story. I remember how my fathers home looked last year.

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Fla._Deadheader

Y'all KNOW how I feel about this, and I Don'T NEED no stinkin backhoe >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

shopteacher

Really sorry to hear about your troubles Tom.  I do know how you feel though. I just got the insurance check this week for the tools that were taken from my place.  The money don't replace the sense of security that I use to have or the violated feeling that is left in my mind. Good luck and hope they can recover some of the personal belongings, especially the keepsakes. Would comment on what would happen if I caught, but don't want to give anybody any clues as where to look.  If'n you see Old Butch  wearing a new collar with a shriveled sack with two little round protrusions you'll know we caught up to them.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Duane_Moore

:( :( Darn. got the same thing back in Nov. still feel so Violated., lost 23 Guns, 300 pocket knives, and all jewlery, ect..trashed the house, broke the door down,only took 4 hrs for them, police never found a thing, am still upset over it, Tom my thoughts are with ya, Ole boy, whats it coming to?  Cowboy's and Thiefs.   Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Norm

I'm sure sorry Tom. Dang it, it makes my blood boil to hear about a friend being ripped off. I hope they catch them or at least you folks get your memorables back.

I sleep with the 45 next to my head since we had our house burglarized some 17 years ago. We live in the boonies too but I make it known that if I catch anybody out here they better hope the cops catch em and not me. Mine goes down 20' they'll make good fertilizer.

Haytrader

Tom,

Ya got or get an idea who was responsible, then call yer friends here and that would be a good time to have yer "roast".

;)  ;)  ;)
Haytrader

OneWithWood

Tom,
I am very sorry to hear you have been victimized again.  It sounds like young people to me who do not know the worth of things or the difference between costume jewelry and the real McCoy.  A close friend of mine had this happen to him in the middle of the night while he was home in bed.  He always kept a gun close at hand but he said they were in and out so fast he could not react fast enough.  Now he leaves the TV on all the time he is away.  That is a cheap deterant.
Remeber the thread about the camera hooked to the computer?  Might be worth looking into.  I hope your life returns to normal soon.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Patty

Dear Tom,

I am sorry for you and your wife. You feel violated and that feeling never goes away, just sits there and smolders, waiting for the chance to get revenge. As Norm mentioned we sleep with a loaded gun at the head of our bed, and that is truely a sad statement for these times we live in. We were robbed many years ago while Norm & I were asleep, I still thank God our kids were away at Gramma's for the night. All the what if's still are haunting. We left the city and never looked back after that.
I hope you recover all that was taken, and even more I hope you catch the slugs that took it. >:(

Patty
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Tom

I hope I catch them and not somebody that won't do anything.  My cameras show nothing but the barn and some trees that have grown up between the barn and the house.  If they had gone into the barn, I would have had a portrait.  I guess that  I'll have to be lucky.  There is a problem with the old technology of my cameras in that they get images burned into them. It's difficult, I've found, to determine what is going on in the new images because they are just a ghost of the burned in image that the camera has been looking at for years.

I do feel violated but feel more sorry for my wife who has lost a memorable piece of her life which can't be replaced.  We are both quite sad.

Frank_Pender

Man, does this thread ever curdle up memeories.  My thoughts are with you and your wife, Tom.  
  We had a theft here about 23 years ago ourselves.  The county boys and we know who did it and what all they took from around the outside of the house, the time of day they took it, and the vehicle they used, where they took and sold the merchandise and how much money they got, $52.20.   The Dang deputy screwed the case up and before I got done with him he was nothing but a key keeper in the county jail until his retirement. ;D
So, I put the word out on the street and said, "If I catch anyone up here that is not suppose to be here, they would not leave, but would provide growing material for the forest."   Not had another problem. :)
Frank Pender

Texas Ranger

Willy Nelson sings a song about "walking a hard line, and when the gun smoke settles, we'll meet back at the local saloon, with whiskey for may men and beer for the horses"

Old times where not bad times.

Tom, I have a single shot Winchester Model 67a what could replace the one you lost, no  charge.  One of a few.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Buzz-sawyer

Tom you have shared quite a bit of your life through this forum this vehicle of communication........and I find it remarkable as I read the comments how much concern and love these members have for you ...even offering to GIVE you a gun ...and I can say is I feelthe same like a friend....., I never thought I would learn to care bout people from the internet....but I guess it is no different than any other communication, Right?
I moved Way out in the country to get away from thieves and troubled people....and found a new peace and joy in it...a great treasure to feel secure and peaceful...........I was building a new house and had a lot of stuff there...I came to work and dicovered I had been robbed....I guess I wigged out my first thought was PRIMAL..Find and DESTROY the intruders recover our territory and peace...and I think there is some truth to that....I hid in the brush till dark praying they would return!
Well NOW I am so thankful I did not catch the boys (age18,21,16) I might have hurt them bad......and WOULD have changed the course of my life and my family
Now if someone is breaking in to your home ya gotta do what ya gotta do....but I think I just wanted to eliminate the problem...like when ya get a varmint problem....
Here is what I did in order that SEEMED to work...

1) I asked God to please help with thisd problem and give me power to find the thieves and make sure they were stopped

2)started my own investigation ...talked to ALL neighbors

3) when I spotted my compressor in thier shed (a near neighbor) I called sherriff and sicked em on em....

It was a trauma.... but finally they were forced to return my stuff. and pay what I FELT they owed!!!! round a thousand bucks...also got felony convictions and on spent time in jail....
I dont know that it will work this way for but it is my prayer for ya Tom ....
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

D._Frederick

Tom,

I am also sorry to hear about your loss, some things money will not replace. A person can not depend on insurance anymore, if you file a claim for this, the insurance companies will now not renew your policy. If you live off of the public road, could you put up a gate to prevent poeple from driving up to your house? My neighbor sells and install gates that are open and closed  with a hand held radio control. If you can keep the crooks from driving up to you house, it will reduce the likelyhood of them taking the time to leave the car out in the open and walk to your house.

Somebody in your area is nodoubt watching you going and comings to know when you will not be home. We have had break-ins here were poeple were only gone for two hours. They figured  that hired field workers in a field across from thier house called someone to set-up the break-in.

Tom

Friar, thanks.  That was a nice offer. I've still got my 12 gauge and it can almost turn corners. :D  A model 67 huh. Sounds like a mean machine.  :)

Well, Fellows.  It's not the loss that bothers me so much.  I feel sorry for my wife who lost the rifle that was given to her by her father who has since passed.  The loss of the jewelry was mostly just money.  One ring that I gave to her bothers her a bit but the rest were just "things".  She is taking it better than I am actually.

I went to work today at about noon after checking the house and barn and workshop real good but couldn't get into the mood to enjoy myself.  Finally, about 4pm I excused myself and came back home.   All I could think about was somebody with a furniture van pulled up to my front door and loading all our stuff.   When I got home I was pleased to find that there were no foreign tracks in the driveway and the house was as I left it. It is a good feeling to be here in my chair knowing that I am protecting my castle.  I guess those feelings of insecurity will pass in time.

The last time this happened, they came back.  That's unnerving knowing that.  Of course, last time I caught them too. ;D  Sent the eldest to the state pen. He served 6 months of a 2 year sentence. The youngest got his hand slapped and the last I heard of him, he was in the state pen in, I think, Arizona.

Anyway, thanks for all of y'all's concerns.  It's nice to have a group to vent too. I'm not a whiner and life goes on.  I certainly hope this doesn't happen to any of you whether it has happened in the past or not.  It's definitely not a good feeling and ruins the better part of a bunch of days. :D

The best part of it is knowing that I'm not that kind of person who would take someone else's hard earned "stuff".  Can you  imagine the uncomfortable life those thieves lead, knowing that they haven't the where-with-all to earn a living honestly?

Our police department is overwhelmed with the dregs of the society.  I don't know where they all came from, but the streets are full of no-goods.  I don't remember these kinds of insecurities when I was a child. Doors were not only left unlocked but open.  A screen separated you from the the rest of the world.  Keys were left in cars and Store fronts were glass.  Now burglar bars are pulled down over the glass windows in stores at night and we have to lock all our doors and windows or the insurance company won't pay.  I don't claim anything anyway because they just raise rates till it's paid off and then cancel. :-/

If you leave you key in your car, the police will write you a ticket :-/ ???  It's got something to do with being a bad person because you are intimidating someone to steal your car.   I think I should be able to leave my keys in the ignition and the windows down and the radio on and my paycheck laying on the seat.  Heck, they are  mine.  Other folks aren't supposed to mess with my stuff.  If they do then they are wrong, not me. :D

What I want for supper is a pot roast with lots of carrots and whole onions.  And some of my wife's mashed potatoes and some little green Lima beans in butter and all the sweet iced tea I can drink.  That'll make things better. :D :D

Thank y'all for being y'all. :)

Texas Ranger

Tom, just an old single shot .22 bolt action, but I know how old f..(ellow).s are about some of the little guns.  Still got the one I got as a 9 year old, Model 69a, though, magazine fed.  Been doing good for 54 years.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

yep friar.  It was a Remington automatic clip ffed with a walnut stock and darker wood tips on the butt and fore stock with Ivory inlays.  (probably plastic)  It was definitely a girls gun and real pretty.  Thanks for the offer but I couldn't do that :)

I still have my first too.  It's a 410 made just before the turn of the century.  Somewhere around 1898 or 1903 as best as anybody can tell.  After last night, I hid it and my model 11. :)

etat

Day by Day, Tom, Day by Day.  Wish there was someting we could do that would help.  charles.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Furby

Sorry to hear of the loss, Tom.
A few months back someone got into my truck. Took about $2.50 in quarters and left another $3 in change. They went through everything looking for a key, no luck.  ;)
I got lucky though, they left about 4k worth of tools and camera equipment.
They ended up taking a friends car down the street, she left a spare key in it.  :-/

Ron Wenrich

I've only ever been robbed once where they broke into the house.  My dog was in the house, but if you feed a dog (especially a Lab), they won't bother you much.

The guy took cash and a coin collection.  The cops knew who it was, they just needed the proof.  He tried to cash in the coins to a coin dealer in town.  Dumb move, since the clerk was an off duty town cop.

According to the police, this guy was doing life on the installment plan.   :D  He was given time and was to make restitutions.  I had to get in line, and after 15 years, I haven't seen a cent.  Seems he keeps on drifting in and out of the system, never paying anything.

One thing I did notice going up to the time of the robbery, I was getting a lot of calls on my phone.  I had an answering machine that would pick up.  But, I noticed there was a lot of hang ups.  Seems to me they were casing what times I was home.

Since then, a truck mfg has moved next to me, and his junk is way better than mine.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Swede

Sometimes I´ve thinking about have a dog watching here. They don´t sleep as deep as I do but I´m afraid for how to go forward at it´s last day.  :'( *pitiable*

I think it´s a little unsafe to sleep with the rifle, a bad dream and perhaps I one morning have to count my toes. :o

So I want to ask You men of wisdom; Is it possible to find a whife who hear evrything but don´t wake up and quarrel  when  I snore, Is there any of them who like the dogs has snoring filters in their ears?

Swede. 8)
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)

Tom

Yep, it's possible. I've got me one. ;D  If I do anything that bothers her she doesn't tell me. :D :)  I pretty much feel like a king in this house.  I'm waited on hand and foot.  Bragged on when I do something neat.  Ignored when I do something stupid and protected if someone tries to bad-mouth me.

My first I married because I thought she was the prettiest and greatest thing in the world.  It didn't work out.  This time I got one that thinks I'm the greatest thing in the word.  It makes all the difference. :P :D

LSUNo1

Sorry to hear about that Tom. Would be nice if you could throw em on the mill and saw em up into 1x's. Turning regularly to releive stress as required. ;D

karl

Sorry Tom- hope you catch 'em. Scum like that really get my shorts in a knot. >:( If they are stupid enough to come back I hope you don't violate THEIR civil rights ::) ;)
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

rebocardo

Sorry to hear about your loss.

At my boss's rental houses we had to install security doors, front and rear, along with window bars. A double cyl. deadbolt is a good investment on the security doors, which are only $105 at Home Depot, as long as you ream out the screws so the deadbolts can not be removed from inside the house. That happened once :-(

isawlogs

Sorry to hear about loss Tom

I was in the same situation a few years ago they took my guns and my tools and a few the wifes things also ... What bothered me the most of this was the fact that they where IN my house ,IN my things ,IN my personel things that is what bothered me the most and it still pissssss off just thinking about it.
   I feel greatly for you and anybody that this has hapened to.
 It is not a pleasent experience to live and one I don't wish anybody to live....  
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ron Scott

Hopefully they'll be caught and your items found and returned to you.

~Ron

Bill Johnson

Sorry to hear about your loss Tom.  Hope they get them.
Bill

dan-l-b

Sorry about the violation, Tom and wife.  Like you said, except for a few precious possessions, it's more about the violation and the insecurity it creates.  Good luck to you and your wife as you wrestle through emotions and feelings.  DAN

Mike_Barcaskey

sorry to hear such a thing, Tom

look forward to seeing a post from you saying they caught the guys and you got the rifle back
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

RMay

Tom sorry to hear about your loss  :-[  you could put a ad in the paper wanted to buy rifle ( model thy got ) and see what calls you get . ;)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

L. Wakefield

Get soemone else to post the ad (a sting operation) so they don't know it's you. They may have noticed your phone number.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Jason_WI

Tom,

That totally sucks. Maybe it's time for a silent alarm to the cop shop since this is the second time.

Boobie traps is the way to go if it were me. ;)

IF you do catch them in your house and you fill em full of lead make sure their still in the house. If not drag them back in....... ;D  

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Jim_Rogers

Years ago, in the 70's, I was at a night club in a nearby town, with a few friends. When we left we found that my blazer had been broken into. They took my cb radio, my tape deck, and a box full of tapes belonging to one of my friends.
We called the cops and they took a report.
Later I found out from an employee of my father's company, that one fellow was bragging at a house party about getting all my stuff. He had broken into my truck, and was laughing about how stupid I was.
I let it be know that I wanted my stuff back and all would be ok.
He had sold all of it and wasn't able to find it.
One morning he woke up to go out and find every window in his car broken.
He had to walk for a few days.
Felt good getting even, never spoke to him since.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

pappy

Tom I'm sorry to hear what has happen to you and yours,what you said is so true.

QuoteOur police department is overwhelmed with the dregs of the society.  I don't know where they all came from, but the streets are full of no-goods.  I don't remember these kinds of insecurities when I was a child. Doors were not only left unlocked but open.  A screen separated you from the the rest of the world.  Keys were left in cars and Store fronts were glass.

I guess I'm gonna just stay up here in the cold north where our life is still pretty much what you said.

I have a scanner in the wood shop and about the only thing the local police talk about is if so and so licensed his dog, or to check on a registration of a vehicle, mostly just small stuff.  With just three roads in and out of " northern most Maine" if a crook pulls something it's a three hour ride to Bangor, the closest large city where these rats think they're safe or at least feel like they can hide.

There's plenty of room for good folk up here and plenty of trees,  the only problem is selling your finished products, the market is a bit of a distance.

Now you got some kind of idea how or why   "Holy Cow!  How do you stand it." With bitter cold it's not possible to sleep just anywhere and in the summer time the black flies will get em so the rift raft don't last to long here.  

Our little community is still pretty much the same as when I was a kid,  like a good friend of mine says "there is no boom or bust up here it's just bust"  ;) we have to be quite resourceful to live around here.  I still don't have locks on some of our buildings, Heck some of my buildings don't have doors ;D

Last winter a friends camp I watch over got broken into, I called the state police and  started an investigation.  They had an idea who the punks were.  I went around to a few of my neighbors asking if anybody had seen someone on a snowmobile that day ( school was called cause of a snowstorm)  I got the names of two teenagers gave this info to the cops and in three weeks the trooper gives me a call,  they caught the kids and we got the stuff back.  The kids had broken into two other camps that day.

So Tom don't give up yet,  just get out there and ask questions,  you might be surprised how people will talk to you instead of a cop.

Good Luck,
termite  
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Kirk_Allen

Tom, I pray you get your stuff back and at a minimum they identify who violated your property.

As you and everyone else knows, it can happen anywhere and to anyone!

While on a "FLY IN" fishing trip in Northwest Ontario 4 years ago we got robbed........TWICE.  Thats right. TWICE.

We flew into a remote site that had a brand new cabin built with all the comforts of a fishing camp.  There were 6 of us, and we had three boats.  We would go out as a group and fish ALL day not thinking a thing of it.  Who would have ever figured we would get robbed out in the middle of Northwest Ontario.

One after noon we had a boat pull up with three natives in it and were asking if we had any bait.  I went to the dock and told them that we only had worms and at the rate were going they wont be enough for us but we did have a bunch of cut bait from the Northerns we caught if they want that.

They didn't want that.  They left in their boat and we went out to fish for the afternoon.

Came back for dinner and opened up the freezer and ALL our deer meat we brought was gone.  I MEAN EVERY LAST PIECE right down to two bags of jerky and deer sticks.  Needless to say we had a pretty good idea who did it.  

After inspecting everything we found that they took the bottles of booze a couple guys brought, all of my Cuban cigars >:( >:(, and every can of beer that the non-booze drinkers brought which was 4 cases of beer.

The next couple days we stayed in view of the cabin hoping they would come back.  After the fourth day we conceded that they weren't stupid enough to come back again.  You guessed it!  That afternoon, after we left, they came back and ransacked the cabin, took our frozen fish, all of our hunting and outdoor magazines and our coolers that had the rest of our supplies in it.

One of our guys grabbed one of the boats, and extra can of gas and the map and headed for the Mounties Office about 5 hours away by boat.

In less than two days from the report being filed the Mounties identified all three thief's.  They were so stupid they actually took pictures of themselves with our stuff and bragged about it on the reservation.

Now the disgusting part, as if this isn't disgusting enough.  Apparently they come under Tribal Law and were basically untouchable by the Provincial Police.  We recovered nothing, and they simply got a community service slap on the hound by the Tribal council, so we were told.

My home and property is heavily guarded by numerous weapons and although I am a Christian man, I will not allow my property or my family to be violated if I can help it.

Tom, If you need some corn fed deer steaks let me know.  It wont change what happen but it sure is good eating.

SwampDonkey

Swamp donkeys like corn too ;D

I know what theft is like, since just about every neighbor that has land next to me have stole wood and fir tips. The neighbor next door hired a contractor to harvest all his wood a while back, now he has no source of stovewood and he goes out after dark and cuts on the neighbors for his firewood. Its hard to convict wood theft here, so most don't persue it.

Oh that's just a bunch of trees, who cares. ::)

Most theft is done by local hooligans within 10 miles of your home. There are quite a few people locally I wouldn't trust because they don't work and are always driving up and down the road on a daily basis in their old clinker vehicles. When I'm away from the house for a few days I always leave a light on over the kitchen sink, which faces the drive-way and the car is in the garage which may deter someone sneeking around.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

here's your moose oops  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Scott

Wood theft is a big problem around here, hard to prove and the authorities don't seem to care a lot. Once a logger who was working on the woodlot beside ours decided he liked the look of our timber. He clear cut 60 arcres of prime spruce (nothing under a foot in diameter). This was no mistake, on the side this guy is a surveyor. We hired a forester in to figure out the volume of timber removed. All my dad was able to get through court was the going stumpage rate. Personally if I caught this low life no good on my land cutting my trees I'd burn his machine, that would make things break even. Things are getting better for woodlot owners in the region, this happened some 16 years ago. Since then the courts have startd to get thier act together but theres still a lot to be done.

SwampDonkey

HI Scott:

Yes my site has a link to the wood theft coalition in New Brunswick. Their site is kind of dated since it was posted during the crown land wood theft controversy a couple years ago.

click here:

http://www.klondikekonsulting.com/Website/timber.htm

and click on the 'Wood Theft' link below the page banner and master links.

Your local forest products marketing board has circulated flyers and brochures about it back then. I think in your area its the SNB Wood Coop in Sussex.

regards

Frank_Pender

Here in Oregon, we have a law that says, if you take anothers tress it is tripple damages of the tree value.  But never-the-less the trees are gone and you have to begin growing for another 40 years.
Frank Pender

Scott

I think it's double right now. Thats not too bad but triple is a lot better. Like Frank said you have to begin growing for at least another 40 years before you can start harvesting again. I think the logger should have to pay for site restoration as well for things like skidder ruts and replanting of trees.

L. Wakefield

I *think* it's triple in Maine. Legitimate harvester stay very far away from a disputed boundary to avoid this penalty.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Tom

Well, we found later that they got into the shop.  Must have been here quite a while.

The pressure washer, which was still in the box, is gone as well as a lot of plates and fall stuff my wife bought.  I know there are tools missing but its hard to see the obvious sometimes.

It's strange.  They opened most every box stored in there and did the same in the house. They must have been looking for just certain things.  The dollars continue to climb. This is having a bad emotional effect on the both of us.

SwampDonkey

@ Tom:

I just hate the thought of someone breaking into my shop and taking all my wood working tools if I'm away for several days. And all my milled hardwood? I'de be ready to K***  >:(

I've had the side window of my pickup busted out for a set of tools worth less than the window  :D And the roughbox lock broke out for a set of sockets. Just people with nothing of their own causing trouble.  ;)

Hope you find who violated your property and hang them up by the toes.

regards

Swede

>:(  They stole Your tools??!! >:(

I know I´m a little deviant.  Some years ago,  I  introduced ISO-9000 in my home. Evrything I didn´t know when i wanted to use again I took out. It was a ordeal. :-/ but also a release. There is only a little ceramic dog I should miss, I dont know why.  ???

But if somebody stole my ESAB A-9, my Uryu UD60... >:( >:( .....or "Amerika-Sågen"

A man said once he had been on the beach looking for stones. -STONES???? I sad. Do You pick up stones??
-Yes, he said, and You to, if it´s the "right" stone.
I had to shut up and look down.

Most people have personal things that has a value for them and i have all respect for it.
Tom, I realy want You to get Your stuff back, even the personaly. And of course Your whife´s stuff too. Whifes often dear their "unuseful" things more than men.

Swede.

D._Frederick

Tom,
You need a gate so that they (the thieves) can't drive to your buildings. It slows them down if they have to carry a pressure washer 2-3 hundred yards.

Larry

Gates, cameras, a neighborhood watch and big dogs?

When all else fails, I guess you could do it the Missouri way.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson6.html

It's a terrible thing in a civilized community that we have to put up with these scuzbums.

Sorry for your loss.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

SwampDonkey

;D Swede

My shop tools were not taken, just some wrenches from my vehicle. I didn't know if you misunderstood. ;)

regards

Duane_Moore

:-/ Well here it is 3:00 A.M. Calif time I am up. the police dept from Chico. Ca. called a couple hrs ago. about 60 miles away. they had a suspect in custody with our check books on his person. Looks like some hope  fingers XXXXX. will see later. so maybe some good for you Tom. its been 2 mo. since our robbery.   God Bless.   Duane.
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Tom

I hope they got'em, Duane.  Put them away, big time.  Don't let them slip away.  The courts will try to turn them loose. :)

J_T

A while back two lads ten and eleven wrecked my wife's what knot shop . It is a house where Ihave the sawmill,I caught them. Called the cops one boy had been left home alone .We did the court thing I almost got locked up another story same deal.They were convicted no parent came to look at things or to say they were sorry we offered to settel for a few hundred dollars they said to sue us . So after a few months that is where we are sue them we will to the max I have been to mad to post this or talk about it .One kid lives in a 250,000 house and had a public defender that tried to make me look like the bad guy. ??? Good luck Tom need bail I"ll put in.
Jim Holloway

Tom

Thank You Sponsors!