iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hydraulic hose

Started by bedway, September 23, 2011, 10:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

My Kubota B7200 needs hoses replaced. Having virtually no experience in this area could someone explain to me the differences between one and multiple braiding in the hose. Bottom line, im trying to determine which i need.

BrothersMule

You can get Hydraulic hoses in 1,2,4,6, and 8 wire. I assume this what you are referring to when you say braiding. The more wire it has the higher the PSI rating. If you look at the end of the hose with no fitting you can sometimes count the layers of wire. Most any hydraulic shop that makes hoses should be able to identify the hose if you can take it with you. This will also help them to match the fittings. 2 and 4 wire are the most common with 6 and 8 being rare. I believe 2 wire is usually 3,000 or 3,500 PSI but don't hold me to it. If i had to guess with out seeing it you probably have 2 wire. I would have a hydraulic shop verify if you are unsure. Also some machines do have more then one size on them so if you have multiple don't assume they are the same. You may be able to call a Kubota dealer and tell them what you have and they may be able to tell you what you need. Hope this helps.

pineywoods

By all means take the old hose with you. The fittings will likely be metric.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

maple flats

Do you have the owner's manual? It may give the PSI of the pump. Be sure to get hose rated at least that high. If no manual you will need info from a dealer. But then you will likely do better buying elsewhere. Dealers are generally too proud of their parts and hoses are an area where you can stray. Does the hose have a pressure printed on it, either PSI or I think metric is Kbar or something like that.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!