Bigfoot Research

Started by Ron Scott, November 19, 2001, 07:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

The only scientific organization probing the bigfoot/saquatch mystery:

http://www.bfro.net
~Ron

swampwhiteoak

I would expect the UP to have many sightings.  Only 34 for the grand total of Michigan.  Searched the counties I work in (NW Ohio farm country), and found many sightings from counties that's biggest block of woods is 200 acres.  Funny, I kinda doubt we got bigfoot around here.   ;)  

Wonder what a management plan for bigfoot would look like? :D :D :D

Ron Scott

I hadn't realized that their have been so many sightings around the country. ET&S management by the Feds. I'm sure.
~Ron

Ron Scott

"Finding Bigfoot" is being aired on the Animal Planet TV program at 10:00 pm Sunday evenings. Tonight, they were searching here in northern Lower Michigan near Hartwick Pines State Park. Some of the park employees and Michigan residents were on the program.
~Ron

NWP

I started reading some of the accounts of sightings here in MO.  I stopped because I'm afraid it will give me bad dreams. ;D
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Jeff

Quote from: Ron Scott on December 16, 2012, 11:09:11 PM
"Finding Bigfoot" is being aired on the Animal Planet TV program at 10:00 pm Sunday evenings. Tonight, they were searching here in northern Lower Michigan near Hartwick Pines State Park. Some of the park employees and Michigan residents were on the program.

Time to put the hat away I guess.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

They call it Momo in Missouri. Missouri Monster.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

LeeB

Looks like there have been 80 sightings reported in AR, a couple within a few miles from me. Before I moved here, not me they saw. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

beenthere

Not long ago someone hit one with a car in Montana ( I believe it was). Killed it.

Turned out it was a guy dressed up in the frilly camo, trying to get people to experience a sighting. Didn't plan on the driver not being able to see him at night and he became history.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pineywoods

I watched a couple of those "finding bigfoot" episodes. On one of them, they played what was supposed to be a recording of a bigfoot scream. DanG city slickers never heard of a screech owl...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Ron Scott

Yes, a Bigfoot "look a like". Jeff, you might cause some excitement if you visit Hartwick Pines. ;) They say that Michigan is a good place for recording sounds of Bigfoot, for whatever reasons.
~Ron

Jeff

Quote from: Ron Scott on December 17, 2012, 11:16:35 AM
They say that Michigan is a good place for recording sounds of Bigfoot, for whatever reasons.

Prolific consumption of brats and microbrews.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Cypressstump

I watched that show a couple times, waiting for some frim evidence, still waiting... :D

What gets me is that they hear something and say, That sounds like a Squatch, or this is Squatchy area, Smells like a Squatch or they try to call a Squatch.... Yet none of them have ever seen,heard,smelled a bigfoot.

I would purely love to scare the daylights out of them one night, I think that would be the highlight of the series. ::)

Recently research revealed that hair samples studied were of a different species. I would think that there maybe a 'missing' modern link somewheres out there.
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

WmFritz

That hat looks like the same one Jeff wore in Jeremiah Johnson...''hunt in'  Grizz'' :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

NWP

I was reading about one sighting here in MO about 50 miles from me.  This guy was out hunting and one walked about 50 yards from him.  Claims to have clearly saw it and smelled it.  Shoot it.  Then you've got proof.  I don't think the wildlife department has any regulations against shooting a squatch.  I would probably yell a warning at it first just in case it was someone dressed in a costume.  Then again, if you're dumb enough to walk around in a squatch costume during deer season.................
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

trapper

Quote from: Jeff on December 17, 2012, 12:21:39 PM
Quote from: Ron Scott on December 17, 2012, 11:16:35 AM
They say that Michigan is a good place for recording sounds of Bigfoot, for whatever reasons.

Prolific consumption of brats and microbrews.
Same as at long lake near here with UFO siteings  every summer
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

beenthere

Trapper
Is that the Long Lake by Dundee? 

Spent a summer in a tent on that lake, if it is.  Back in '59 working for what was then the Wisconsin Conservation Dept.
Didn't see any UFO's, but had enough beer a few times that I shoulda.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

:D :D

I remember as a kid watching a sasquatch movie in the theatre in Presque Isle, Maine. It seemed real and scary when your a kid. I bought the movie about 4 years ago on DVD. What a corny movie, now that I'm grown out of my innocence. :D It was almost like watching the apple dumpling gang trying to make a science program. :D Back in the 70's and 80's there was a lot of hoopla over sasquatch. Probably because of that real grainy video of a guy dressed in a gorilla suit walking around a pile of logs.

But with that being said, it hasn't been that long ago that science discovered a couple species of mammals in the Asian jungles. The native folks surely knew about it, but it was none existent until some PHD said so. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

trapper

Beenthere yes it is. UFO Bob of bensons resort died just this year.  Never been there but my wife remembers the place.  Bob used to be a regular on local radio.  Anoucer claimed Bob was one beer short of a six pack.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

thenorthman

All the pictures of bigfoot are blurry because bigfoot is blurry, thats why there is no photographic evidence  :snowball1:.

Come spend every waking moment deep (as in very deep) in the pnw forest and I gurantee you will see, hear, or track one
well that didn't work

SwampDonkey

Been there, done that. Just mountain goats, deer, wolves, wolverine, cougar and bears and lots of fish. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thenorthman

what where fish doing in the forest I thought they lived in rivers??? :elvis:
well that didn't work

Left Coast Chris

For us that are of larger stature it is a reminder to not go into the woods with a bad back (walking hunched forward), furry hat, and a big coat.   Combine that with a natural tendency for anti social behavior (most wood workers) and wa-la.

Im in trouble.  ::)  ;D
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

SwampDonkey

The narrow streams with tree canopy over them were full of salmon in the fall where I worked. And bears. 250 foot tall spruce trees have long limbs say Confuse-us. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!