iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One of the local lads has done well

Started by Ernie, September 21, 2011, 03:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

When we were farming at Uruti, just up the valley from where we are now about 30 years ago, the neighbourhood bulldozing contractor, Graham Sole came in and did our farm tracks.  He was a very quiet spoken and extremely competent operator.  His lad Alan went to the small local school, just across the river with our sons, all of whom were just typical, fun loving, hill country kids.  As Alan grew up, his dad expanded the business to what it is now to capitalize on Alan's interests and I was pleased to see this on our Taranaki News website this morning.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/5658457/Taranaki-firms-win-training-awards

Well done guys.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

fishpharmer

Impressive operation!  Nice video and article about your home boy ;).
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Ron Scott

Well done! Good video on log landing work.
~Ron

mad murdock

Shovel logging in Kiwiland!  Looking very good guys!!  Thanks Ernie for posting the link.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!