iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

help me pick a band

Started by wlf89, September 19, 2011, 05:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlf89

i have the little norwood lumbermate mark 4 with 13 hp honda.
cut mostly soft wood. poplar, pine, and some cedar.

i need to order a box of blades and would like to here yalls opions.
im using lenox woodmaster c  12'x1-1/4 .042 1.1t  and there breaking
after one and two sharpings.  i do my own sharping.

hackberry jake

I had a 13hp Honda on my mill up until this past weekend. (Put a 20hp Honda on it). I always run suffolk machinery timber wolf bands. 10 degree 1 1/4 bands. Have 8 sharpening on two of the bands and three or four sharpening on the other 9 bands that I have. Haven't broke one yet. Sharpen my own as well. It's probably not the bands at fault tho. Most breakages are caused from 1. Too much band pressure. 2. Improper sharpening techniques. 3. Misaligned bandwheels. 4. Too much down pressure on guides. 5. Too many trips around the wheels. 6. Bandwheels too small. But I've never ran woodmaster blades so this is just my opinion.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

GF

I have been using Munkforssager blades for our sponsor Menominee Saw for the past 5 years, tried others bit had good luck with the Munkforssager brand.   Usually I get about 10-15 sharpenings before they get to short to sharpen any more more.

bandmiller2

WLF,call the band suppliers ask for their advice on which of their bands to try.Order a couple to try many will send you a band to try free.I've had good luck with all the bands I've tried, but prefer Timberwolf. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!