iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cold Mornings

Started by Bobus2003, September 18, 2011, 09:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobus2003

Went to Work Friday Morning to Find 36* and the ground White.. Not snow, Though some snow fell Thursday, But not enough to stick. Started up the Skidder and Delimber and had to scrape the windows.. I love this time of year..I want Snow!!

treefarmer87

nice pic, love those mornings :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

sandhills

Like the picture, the Black Hills is very pretty country, and you can keep the snow up there for now, not ready for it here yet.   ;)  I have to admit I though, I'm more a winter person than summer, just need time to harvest and get a little acclimated to it.  ;D

treefarmer87

at least you dont have to worry about the flies,bees,snakes and misquitos :) winter is way better than summer :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Coon

I love the winter and the snow as long as the snow is not tood deep.   ;D  My granpappy always told me if you're cold then you're not working hard enough.   :D   
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Bobus2003

Quote from: Coon on September 18, 2011, 10:54:45 PM
I love the winter and the snow as long as the snow is not tood deep.   ;D  My granpappy always told me if you're cold then you're not working hard enough.   :D   

Friday the Forester for the mill was out, we had a discussion about how many loads too stay ahead of the trucks (only wants me 10-15 loads ahead)  figuring by the end of next month we will be moved down to Lower ground to avoid the deep snow. I guess it slows us down too much when the Timbco has to dig out the tree trunk :D Not too mention the skid trails

Last year I was fighting snow with my 440, first time in many years i could remember pushing snow with the belly

WildDog

We have had 3 mornings straight with no frost or cloud cover, had our 1st taste of hot weather yesterday and i'm already looking forward to winter. On the bright side the cattle will pick up and I can stop handfeeding.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

clww

My favorite time of year! :) Can't wait to spend my last upcoming winter on this side of the state then be up in the mountains for good in the Fall of 2012.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ed_K

This was the first summer that bothered me,don't remember sweating this much.Lost 10lbs and can't add it back.Also had a heat stroke in late aug.took 4 days to get back to production #s.Didn't know that drinking just water and a lot up it don't help.Now i have some power-aid too.
I'll take fall-winter too.
Ed K

Texas Ranger

We had a cold snap, mornings in the 60's and afternoons in the 90's. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

bull

really nice part of cooler weather is we know how to warm up !!

Coon

::)   ::)  Don't look like we are going to be getting any cool mornings for the next while.  We are getting a warm spell which is rather odd for us at this time of the year.  Temps for the next few days are to be in the 80's   ::)  :-\
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Bobus2003

Quote from: Coon on September 22, 2011, 10:23:57 PM
::)   ::)  Don't look like we are going to be getting any cool mornings for the next while.  We are getting a warm spell which is rather odd for us at this time of the year.  Temps for the next few days are to be in the 80's   ::)  :-\

Thats what they are saying for us as well.. temps in the Mid to upper 70's

Thank You Sponsors!