iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kind of Excited

Started by Jeff, September 17, 2011, 03:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Actually, really excited. ;D

My Niece and her husband are up from down state. They stopped by the cabin on their way to Drummond Island to fish jumbo Perch.  I've not went fishing in a boat in a long long time and they have asked me to go with them tomorrow.  Today before they went to the Island, we went into De Tour for the annual apple fest.   We went up to the chamber of commerce pavilion where they had a band playinng along with some flea market type venders and also some craft and food exhibits.  One of my web clients was there from Canada. Northwest Fudge Factory.  One of the owners is my friend Lou's son David. Some of you might remember meeting him at a pigroast a few years ago before he married into the Fudge Biz. :D  It's a funny thing about that, as Lou was a dentist and his son know makes candy. :D

Anyhow, they gave me a box of a new product that I had been urging them to create. Puddingstone fudge. It looks like it is a hit. But I digress.  What I am really excited about is the perch fishing, not the Big stuffed witch I bought for Tammy for 15 bucks that I carried around on my shoulders all after noon. I kept embarrassing my Niece's 16 year old son by telling passer-byes that I had bought him a girlfriend.  ;D  It was really embarrassing when her skirt flipped over my face.  For her, not for me. :D

I hope to have fishing photos tomorrow night. 8)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WH_Conley

Tammy is going to be jealous, you will have to give her a piggy back ride now.
Bill

Jeff

Hey!  Did you call my witch a pig?  ;)

She may cast a spell on you...

We're going to the store for vanilla icecream. There is apple pie on the horizon.

Shotgun

Jeff, you and Pigman.    :D
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

pigman

How did I get in this conversation? :-\
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Shotgun

Witch one of you shouldn't/couldn't/wouldn't naturally be in this conversation?
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

WDH

Pigman is known to cohort with witches  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WH_Conley

Does that mean you can use the carpool lane now?
Bill

Jeff

I dont frequent areas where there are such things.  :)

fishpharmer

Took a witch perch jerkin once, just once.

Is Lou's son named Willie?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

Today is the big day. Good luck!!! Did Tammy like the Witch?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Yes, Tammy loves the witch. She plans on putting it in a bus seat on Halloween.  The weather is starting to look a bit iffy here. Wind is picking up. Wind id not good when going out on the big water.  We'll see how it plays out. I might have to just go get the witch out of the truck and bring her in to watch football instead. :-\

doctorb

I thought it was a little early in the morning to be reportin' back with fishin' trip results!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

Perch fishing is right down my alley type of fishing. The best fishing is midday rather than drag yerself outta bed early fishing.,

Patty

Any time of any day is a good time for fishing!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Texas Ranger

Yup, worse day fishin' or huntin' beats any day of work.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

No fish, but we did have fun getting back in in the 5-6 footers. Not sure what I have for pictures. Not much I'm afraid. We got soaked getting back in, so for the most part the cameras stayed put away. It was a beautiful day, but real windy and got real rough. My niece got the wettest when one wave broke over the bow and she was sitting down in the space between the split windshields and 50 gallons of water came the length of the boat.  Glad we were in a twenty foot boat. :)

SwampDonkey

That would be cold to. Thinking a nice wool blanket would be nice on the boat. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doctorb

So, a different kind of excitement, huh!

The key feature in that nice picture of the docked boat is the flag in the background.  I'll bet that 20 footer seemed a little smaller when you were out there exposed!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

If you can't have fun fishing, have it messing with the great nephew. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqmCFLuFXis

Patty

Good kid. I bet he's thinking, "Ha ha, that's real funny Uncle Jeff.  NOT!"

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Jeff

Kris and Danny and Aaron stopped in this morning on their way home from Drummond. Kris caught a few fish yesterday in the rain and a couple good ones this morning.

After we got back on shore and then back from the bar where we ate supper, we went down to the beach and built a fire and sat in the chairs provided by the resort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmur4O-E_gQ

isawlogs

What happened to the lift jacket ,  ???  Nice perch, them is good eatin'   :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!