iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Luvley!

Started by Satamax, September 16, 2011, 04:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Hi everybody.

Well, this might be old news for you, but i bumped on this today. Lovely hey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMiDuHn34yY&NR=1
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

zopi

Too many moving and proprietary parts...bet it won't saw more than an lt 70 or a big Baker...and either of those is easier to move...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

5quarter

Those are awesome saws if your high production. Zopis right about the parts...like a Porsche, very expensive parts and no one knows how to work on them. If you have to be your own mechanic, better to have something a bit less complex. Having said that, I would not boot it out of my driveway if one just happened to show up. ;D ;D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Satamax

Hi guys!

Well, Zopi.  Each to is own hey!

I would take it anyday over the LT70 if it was the same price! Well, i guess wide bands apeal more to me. And i bet it can cut more than a LT70.

But i admit pricewise, the mizer is certainly cheaper.

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

zopi

Well, it wood be more comfy to sitin that cab and watch the offbeares sweat, but with big mills going under constantly, and the glut of machinery available, I certainly would not fork out for something like that....prolly all metric too..  lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Satamax

Quote from: zopi on September 17, 2011, 07:23:24 AM
Well, it wood be more comfy to sitin that cab and watch the offbeares sweat, but with big mills going under constantly, and the glut of machinery available, I certainly would not fork out for something like that....prolly all metric too..  lol

Well, i wouldn't fork out either, i'm cheap cheap cheap :D But not up to the point of buying chinese crap ;D

You're right about big sawmills going under. I think a mobile like this, which has pretty much the capabilities of a big vertical stationary mill might be good.

Where i would like to get soon, is there

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg8hb9_scie-cd-mobile-lescure_tech

And sorry, i'm on the good side of metric, where it's been invented. ;D

zopi

Oh, I don't mind metric, wish everything was...but here in the states we cling to SAE like a star tick on a future lyme victim...the bloody math is so much easier for those of us who have non digital setworks...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Jeff

Unimpressed. I agree with the other sentiments about to many and proprietary parts. While I was watching it my thoughts were that it was built by engineers that had thier focus on form before function and watched to many transformer movies.  I'd not want one even if they were half the price of a conventional portable bandmill. I want people to awe over the lumber, not the machine.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Brad_bb

Transformers- good one!  I'm wondering...when he folded the extension down, it has fixed legs, how did he know they were going to land right on the blocks of wood and allow it to lock level with the rest of the bed??  Since they are fixed legs, did he have to lower it before shooting the video and place the blocks and shim them individually?  Or do the hyd legs raise the bed higher, then lock extension in place, then lower the whole thing down?  I think they may not be showing all the steps in set up there, thus misleading...
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

shelbycharger400

as far as the blocks positioned correctly,  after a while, i suppose you just know.
as for me... i know how wide my car/tractors are, and where i can drive through before i get their.
on the mill, he is using 6 in wide feet, i assume, large blocks too. so you should be able to make it work

zopi

Too much trouble for the money...gimme a good old american portable mill, and all of the handling and edging toys I could dream of for those dollars...and still produce as much or more...

It takes what, ten or fifteen minutes to set up a 'mizer?

I will say, it looks like the transformer there will saw some long bloody lumber though....but who wants to handle it regularly?
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Cedarman

It is not as important as to what mill you have, but how much money you take to the bank the next morning.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Kansas

I have to correct you Richard.. Its not how much money you take to the bank the next morning... Its how much profit you take.

Satamax

Quote from: Cedarman on September 17, 2011, 01:26:14 PM
It is not as important as to what mill you have, but how much money you take to the bank the next morning.
Well, if the mill is in the same price league, and is easier to work with. In the sense of not tiring you much, you might earn money for longer period of time. I mean a guy with a manual mizer, working his ass off moving the logs, the boards, the beams etc! Might have to retire earlier, than one siting in a closed cab, letting the hydr'aulics doo all the rest. Ok, lT70 are all hydraulic usualy. But, imho, some of you might be a smidge too patriotic. When i see something i like in another country, i admit it ;D

Does a LT70 cuts 43' stock? Or cut 59" diameter logs?

ladylake

How much does that mill cost?   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Satamax

Quote from: ladylake on September 17, 2011, 03:40:13 PM

How much does that mill cost?   Steve

Dunno, but it's more expensive than a mizer, that's for sure. Tho, compared to modern  upright mills, with the same equipement, it might be cheaper. I'll tell you when i receive the catalog.

Cedarman

Quote from: Kansas on September 17, 2011, 02:42:06 PM
I have to correct you Richard.. Its not how much money you take to the bank the next morning... Its how much profit you take.
Kansas, you are right about that.  I might have to change my statement.
I inferred that in my statement.  Some mills may have huge piles of lumber at the end of the day, but when they pay all the bills, there is not much to take to the bank the next morning.  My thinking was that if I had money to take to the bank in the morning it was profit.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

nicolas

This wonderful forum is about to be taken over by the froggies, haha. Brad_bb I was thinking the exact same things, I can't do my kids transformers even with the instructions, and there is no adjustments on the extension, looks to me there was some rehearsal going on there. Satamax if you like wide blades this is the ticket: http://www.leboncoin.fr/materiel_professionnel/137175053.htm?ca=1_s. I am trying to link it. If it doesn't work forgive me I am only a woodworker. My grandpa bought one in 1972 and it was used 8hrs a day every day until we sold it in 1995, I remember swapping the perkins for  electric, upgrading the manual log dogs to air using truck brakes, we bought an air vacuum carriage that was hitched to the saw and would suck the live edge and drop it when backing up. I think they started making those in the 60's for Africa with their huge trees and lack of knowledgeable maintenance shops. I don't have a clue why my grandpa bought that thing to be used in his sawmill but it was the most reliable and versatile saw we ever had. 4' log, 40' long was just an every day job, I loved that saw and I wish I could find one here. Sorry about the length of the post. I am still trying to cope with the loss.
Nicolas
www.virginiastructurecraft.com

zopi

Nic...you need a twelve step program...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

paul case

how wide of a band does that run? i cant read that language on the link page. is it a push through saw or powered  feed? very interesting. thanks for the link.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Satamax

Quote from: nicolas on September 17, 2011, 09:59:43 PM
This wonderful forum is about to be taken over by the froggies, haha. Brad_bb I was thinking the exact same things, I can't do my kids transformers even with the instructions, and there is no adjustments on the extension, looks to me there was some rehearsal going on there. Satamax if you like wide blades this is the ticket: http://www.leboncoin.fr/materiel_professionnel/137175053.htm?ca=1_s. I am trying to link it. If it doesn't work forgive me I am only a woodworker. My grandpa bought one in 1972 and it was used 8hrs a day every day until we sold it in 1995, I remember swapping the perkins for  electric, upgrading the manual log dogs to air using truck brakes, we bought an air vacuum carriage that was hitched to the saw and would suck the live edge and drop it when backing up. I think they started making those in the 60's for Africa with their huge trees and lack of knowledgeable maintenance shops. I don't have a clue why my grandpa bought that thing to be used in his sawmill but it was the most reliable and versatile saw we ever had. 4' log, 40' long was just an every day job, I loved that saw and I wish I could find one here. Sorry about the length of the post. I am still trying to cope with the loss.

Hey Nicolas, thanks a lot for the link. This saw and the other CD8 that the guy sells have been for sale at least since last year in april, or even before, i can't recall. There's an electric CD4 which got sold few weeks back for 10000, with 14m of track several blades and an old aligator blade sharpener. Not too bad. Have you seen the link in post #5? 
Quote from: paul case on September 17, 2011, 10:28:24 PM
how wide of a band does that run? i cant read that language on the link page. is it a push through saw or powered  feed? very interesting. thanks for the link.  pc

Paul, which one? The resch or the CD? On the resch, it's 120mm about 4" 3/4 and on the CD, it's usualy 100, 4"

thecfarm

I'm still old fashioned. I like things nice and simple,if possible.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

nicolas

Thanks for the advice Zopi.
Satamax I can't get that video to load for whatever reason but I will try again. There is also a CD4 on the same site
Paul the CD5 has 3'3" diameter wheels, 4"3/4 wide and 23'9" long blades, the one I grew up with was all manual but for the feed. It would be interesting to know where the reschs are used and how much they go for.
Nicolas

Satamax

Nico try to update your flash, or open it with a 64bits browser.

nicolas

Satamax I don't have a clue what you are saying, you might as well be talking french :D, I will have to ask the brain (wife) to look into it.
Nicolas

Thank You Sponsors!