iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

China asws

Started by lumberjack48, September 14, 2011, 08:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

acco1840

have heard good reports about their Chinese 070's......would like to get one to try it. I run a German 070, so I could use it for parts if it sucked.... :D

snowstorm

look at the 381 stihl.. the chain is on backwards

acco1840

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

So that is why they don't cut as well as the real deal  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Give those guys a break , the intructions to put da chain on was in English  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

trapper

Many of the saws I see on display at menards have the chains on backwards.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

John Mc

A friend of mine who use to run a nearby career center's Forestry and Natural Resources program told me about overhearing a conversation at Sears one day: A customer was returning a saw a few days after he had bought it. Said He brought it home, added fuel mix and bar oil, fired it up and it ran fine, but just would not cut worth a darn. It wouldn't do anything unless he really leaned on it. The Sears employee got was giving him a bit of a hard time on the return.

My friend sidled over to check out what was going on... took a look and said, "that might cut a bit better if you didn't have the chain on backwards." (The Sears guy then started giving him a hard time saying that the chain would only go on one way, so it was fine.)
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Spike60

I have one of those chinese 365's here at the store. Customer got hosed and learned his lesson. Tank and chain brake handle were both busted in shipping. AliExpress told him to shove it, saying that once he signed for the package, the breakage was his problem. (As if you can open packages at the post office before signing for them???)

I made a deal with him that he'd give me the saw if I wrote a quick letter for his credit card company declaring the saw was a fake, and fraud had taken place, which is how I ended up with it. I put a used 372 tank on it so I could try it out.

Those saws are even worse in the flesh than in the pics. Every component is absolute junk. Much worse than many of the aftermarket parts that are sold here. The "immitation carb" needs constant adjustment to the point that the saw is unuseable except as a GTG novelty. With a real carb on it, it actually runs and making a few cuts, it doesn't seem that bad. But it hardly seems possible that it would stand up to much sustained use.

The real question with this crap becomes: Are you saving $300, or are you throwing $300 down the drain?
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Al_Smith

I don't know whatever became of that certain poster from Oz who touted those Chinese take offs .

The old boy didn't get a warm welcome on other forums so maybe he gave up or something . :D Probabley just as well .I'd imagine the things were made of remelted beer cans and reclaimed rusty nails anyway .

aquacanis

8)I just got my new Tanaka TCS33eb in the mail yesterday and I broke it in on some trimming while running it with a 40 to one mix until it is broken in.  It started on the 3rd pull with its first tank of fuel and runs well.  No primer bulb!  I love it. A real carburetor.  Did a little tree limbing around the house and it works fine.  It started with the first pull every time I shut it down for 5 minutes or so.  I shut it off and let it cool a little then restarted to test how bad a starter it was going to be.  Went out this a.m.  first pull fired, second pull started.  I am very pleased as I have found many of these small saws to be poor starters.  It is a toy compared to my bigger saws but it should be perfect for topping off felled trees and cutting the small stuff.  I think it is chinese made but not sure.  I am getting older (67) and it sure feels better than my 14 lb. bigger saws.   

crd1957

i see a lot of chinese junk in my shop. pumps generators pressure washers chippers ect. most are still under warranty.they are sold by local farm and ranch and box stores.they have no one to do warranty work on this junk so they bring them to me.most of the time part are not availible. so i get to tell the customer they own a boat anchor.then they are mad at me not the store not the store that sold it.
a man should never wear a hat that has more character than he has. (will rogers)

Al_Smith

FWIW locally most small engne shops will not work on Chinese knock offs .Truth be known more times than not they just can't get the parts .

This stuff is a buyer beware type situation .

Ianab

Tanaka isn't one of the Chinese knock-offs, it's a long established Japanese Co, now backed by Hitachi.

Not sure where their factory is now, but they do have a proper dealer network, spare parts, and a warranty that's actually worth something.

Not the same as the Chinese "fly by night" sellers.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

aquacanis

I think somewhere between the last three posts lies the truth.  I was just on a site
that lists every part and the price for my new Tanaka  It has a secure ordering site with the Microsoft lock and lists every part for the saw I just bought.  Are you guys telling me that if I do my own work (which I do) that I could not buy these parts?  Shame.

John Mc

Quote from: aquacanis on September 29, 2011, 03:36:08 PM
... my new Tanaka ...  Are you guys telling me that if I do my own work (which I do) that I could not buy these parts?  Shame.

I didn't see anyone saying you can't get Tanaka parts. In fact, just the opposite. As Ianab noted Tanaka has real dealers and parts network. It's the Chinese knock offs that you may have trouble getting parts for.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Ianab

Your Tanaka is a legit Japanese brand, not a dodgy Chinese knock-off.

Tanaka aren't well known for making chainsaws, but they are big in general gas powered tools like leaf blowers, post hole borers, water pumps etc, which have a very good name. So no reason to think they can't make a perfectly good chainsaw as well, and they have the dealer network supporting their whole range of equipment

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Al_Smith

Chinese and Japanese are not one in the same .Japan has came a long ways since cheap transister radios of the late 50's .Fact a majority of Japanese stuff rates right up with the best as much as I hate to admit it. China is still in the stone age regarding quality .

WDH

How can the Chinese get away with making an exact copy right down to the brand name and number?  That should be illegal.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Al_Smith

John Mc

Quote from: WDH on September 29, 2011, 08:25:08 PM
How can the Chinese get away with making an exact copy right down to the brand name and number?  That should be illegal.

Now you know why their are so many complaints against China and Chinese companies for trade mark and copyright violations. In fact, when the Chinese Government wants to "make nice" with the western world, the make a show of cracking down on this sort of thing, and getting their crack down reported in the media... but it never seems to last or have much wide-scale effect.

For a while, some of the knock off Stihl saws were coming without any of the identifying logos and graphics on the saws... but the packaging included a set of "replacement stickers" that the purchaser could put on. When you got done, it looked just like the real thing... almost.

Thank You Sponsors!