iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chipper up grade

Started by logman81, September 14, 2011, 02:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

I have been thinking about up grading my chipper to better suit my needs. I've got a '92 Brush bandit 200+ with a fully rebuilt Cummings diesel. It works well for tree trimmings but doesn't work so good for land clearing and larger diameter wood and branches with wide crotches do to its infeed opening. :( I find my self doing more land clearing and small logging jobs than tree trimming. Any way I have been thinking about up grading to a Morbark model 300. I know this is a older machine than mine but if it functions like it should with no problems it might be a good up grade. Does any one have any experience with this machine I believe it has a larger capacity but not sure how much more. It also has a small grapple loader on it witch would be a plus as I would not have to feed it with my tractor upping production. So if any one has advice or experience with the Morbark 300 please tell me about it. thanks   
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

No one knows anything about the morbark 300 or have any specs on them? I can't seem to find any info on them at all. :(

zopi

Dunno, but right now, sonce my 935 took a dump, I would kill for that 200....

That is what, nine inch?
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

logman81

Yeah its a great chipper just a little under sized for me. It's a twelve inch with.

tyb525

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of chipper owners on this forum.

Cedarman and his son might be of some help, they clear lots of cedar out west.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

zopi

That would be bloody perfect! The nine inch works for me...mobile tree service, but is a little anemic.
We have a house not too far from you....great island in narragannset...will have to get together next time I am up...

I would kill for a dozen steamers right now...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

logman81

I understand tyb525 I'm just trying to find some info on the morbark to see if it is a good machine or not. The price seems pretty good if everything functions. Hopefully someone knows something about it or has used one.

zopi it would be a good up grade from your chipper. I have a friend that has a nine inch machine and it definitely doesn't chip like mine does. That's to funny I have done a few jobs on great island before all well as narragannset...sounds like a plan. We used to live on harbor island just around the bend from great island.   

zopi

Oh cool....my wifes family owns the oldest cottage on great island...just inland from potato island...get up, get coffee, get in the kayak, go stomp up some clams ( they tell me I have clam feet...or maybe that is just the smell..) drag em back and steam the little buggers for breakfast....
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

logman81

Very nice zopi you sure like those clams. ;D Thinking about doing a partial trade with my chipper for the morbark 300 but I might give mine a new paint job first it's not real bad but could use it. :) It sure is hard trying to find any info on the morbark it's like they never existed. I believe that it is actually a eeger beever before they changed the name to morbark. I not to sure on the value of my chipper but think it is close to the same value as the morbark.

zopi

Should be...it goess roundy roundy and makes big wood into little wood...made the same way...lol...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

logman81

He is asking close to what I can get for mine. It does have some nice features that mine doesn't have like a bigger capacity I think 14'' or 18'' not sure and also has a small grapple loader to feed it self.

zopi

Oh god, I would propose to a chipper that has a grapple...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

logman81

LOL I think it would be a much better having a grapple on it to feed it. Instead on getting smacked in the face by brush and don't get me started about the green vines that grow around here that have inch long thorns on them ouch!

zopi

I am very familiar with those bloody vines....got em here too...I am waging a slash and burn campaign at our place...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

logman81

Yeah I've given my fair share of blood to those vines. :o Well don't have any info on the morbark and cant find any but I'll just have to keep looking. Thinking that I'll call the guy and go look at it he's not far from me in Essex CT. He aslo has a older C4 tree farmer skidder that I also might be interested in. :) Need to up grade to a skidder from my tractor I've got now but think the chipper up grade should happen first. I can get by with the tractor and winch for now.

zopi

I just looked at a bandit 150...pretty nice chipper...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

logman81

That is almost the same machine. :) Mine is the 200+ with the 3.9 76hp Cummings and has the adjustable feed rate it's a very good machine just a little undersized for what I am doing now.

Thank You Sponsors!