iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivour South Pacific

Started by Raider Bill, September 14, 2011, 08:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

It will be ok, God speaks to him..... Jeesch. He and coach really play the religion card, pretty disgusting even to me.
I liked the part when he said he would be the only gang member to show up to the big rumbles and would take a bullet or knife for other members..... Heck if he's the only one there who else they going to shoot....... Must have been a real hard core gang.
I would have not voted him off nobody would vote him the money, should have targeted Sophie or Rick.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Cedarman

Just to mess up everyone's plans, it would be interesting if Brandon beats Ozzie and Brandon wins the next immunity challenge.  Just want to stir the pot and watch the bees buzz.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: Cedarman on December 15, 2011, 09:51:26 AM
Just to mess up everyone's plans, it would be interesting if Brandon beats Ozzie and Brandon wins the next immunity challenge.  Just want to stir the pot and watch the bees buzz.

This comment is likely to stir the pot more than bit.

I have watched one episode of survivor in the First season. I have never ever experienced a stupider show. It is actually more entertaining to watch the people watching it.

Never has there been a more ridiculously stupid farce of a show on TV in human history. The single most accurate depiction of the condition to which American society has decayed.

I dont think there is a more effective method to insult ones intelligence than Survivor does.

One person walks away with a million bucks. The rest walk away with a "very expensive, all inclusive, LONGGGG, PAID Vacation, (including compensation equal to their monthly pay) AND when they are not filming they are in a minimum 5 ***** resort."

Takes about 6 months of working time (4 to 5 Days a week) to get the footage to cut out a seasons worth of the show and filming is generally done about 3 months+/- before it airs.

And that is REALITY TV. Or should we just call it show biz like it really is?

Hope I didn't burst your bubble.   

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Raider Bill

Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on December 15, 2011, 10:12:41 AM
Quote from: Cedarman on December 15, 2011, 09:51:26 AM

This comment is likely to stir the pot more than bit.

I have watched one episode of survivor in the First season. I have never ever experienced a stupider show. It is actually more entertaining to watch the people watching it.

Never has there been a more ridiculously stupid farce of a show on TV in human history. The single most accurate depiction of the condition to which American society has decayed.

I dont think there is a more effective method to insult ones intelligence than Survivor does.

One person walks away with a million bucks. The rest walk away with a "very expensive, all inclusive, LONGGGG, PAID Vacation, (including compensation equal to their monthly pay) AND when they are not filming they are in a minimum 5 ***** resort."

Takes about 6 months of working time (4 to 5 Days a week) to get the footage to cut out a seasons worth of the show and filming is generally done about 3 months+/- before it airs.

And that is REALITY TV. Or should we just call it show biz like it really is?

All the above is pretty much true but I still like it. Heck most things I do are probably dumb.  I bet I can find things you do I think is dumb but everyone's different.
I'm just a decaying dummy. ;D ;D ;D

Bandmill Bandit

Yes raiderbill you are 100% correct. We all do dumb things for sure. I just like to do "dumb" thing that cause me pain in later years of life. We call it "Shinny" here in this part of the world or "Pond hockey" and in my day we actually played on a pond even if it was -40. Equipment consisted of a stick, a pair of dull skates, a puck and 2 pair of rubber boots to mark the goal posts. No timer, no score keeper, and when it got too dark to see from day light the vehicle lights would work till we quit. I am still paying for that stupidity.

Now that is the cold reality of life on the prairies.     
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Magicman

No, it is not Reality, it's just entertaining to watch what stupid things that they will do or say next.  It's about the only TV that I watch.  Most times, the Weather Channel is better.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

Now just what is wrong with pure escapist entertainment?  At times, I would rather watch "regular" folk rather than paid actors  :D :D :D.
There  are a lot of people that go to baseball, football, basketball, soccer etc and even Profession Wrestling games and matches.
Just leave me to my vice. :D :D :D

Raider Bill

Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on December 15, 2011, 10:43:15 AM
Yes raiderbill you are 100% correct. We all do dumb things for sure. I just like to do "dumb" thing that cause me pain in later years of life. We call it "Shinny" here in this part of the world or "Pond hockey" and in my day we actually played on a pond even if it was -40. Equipment consisted of a stick, a pair of dull skates, a puck and 2 pair of rubber boots to mark the goal posts. No timer, no score keeper, and when it got too dark to see from day light the vehicle lights would work till we quit. I am still paying for that stupidity.

Now that is the cold reality of life on the prairies.     

We used to do the same thing but instead of a pond we turned on a fire hydrant and let it flow all night or until someone called the Cops to shut it off. The next day we had a skate rink but nobody really had skates always turned into a "tackle hockey" game with sticks ;D. Good bruising fun!

Now a days  I'm riding the bike or going to the Tennessee house to build or work in the woods for pleasure when time allows. Week nights I tend to have simple pleasures, I tinker on my bikes, or putz around the shop/house. Stopped a lot of the  everyday hard riding, too banged up and fuzzy. .
Wednesday's I watch Survivor  ;D
IMO I actually watch much dumber TV shows. The nightly news comes to mind.
Simple pleasures.
Looking back If Survivor is the worse I'm doing I maybe finally starting to grow up.  :)

That's life on the Florida Suncoast. 8)

Roxie

Bandmill Bandit, insults aren't necessary, and this thread was started for those people that enjoy Survivor and follow the program.  If it offends you, please feel free to ignore it, as I will your opinion. 

Say when

Jeff

Quote from: Roxie on December 15, 2011, 01:59:01 PM
Bandmill Bandit, insults aren't necessary, and this thread was started for those people that enjoy Survivor and follow the program.  If it offends you, please feel free to ignore it, as I will your opinion.

Exactly.  Butt out.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

I think Brandon is the only one that has a chance of beating Ozzy in a challenge.  The way he handled that puzzle the other night, to win immunity, was amazing. 

Having said that, Ozzy has really worked hard to stay in the game, and Brandon has been off putting to say the least. 

Say when

Chris Burchfield

I'm sorry I don't share ya'lls enthusiasm.  I just don't like any reality type of show.  Wife was into them for a while.  The one she was watching had the guy running around in his birthday suite and some gal was spazing cause of him.  I'd much rather spend my time on something like "Chip-Wrecked" with my Gdaughter.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Ron Wenrich

I hope they do away with bringing in these former players into the game and have them head a team.  They're at a distinct advantage and it just seems like they are going to be rewarded for their experience.  Bring back the time when they were either all experienced (all stars) or all novices. 

I'm still waiting for Survivor....Baffin Island.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

okmulch

I think they should have an episode of all the first ones voted off.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Bandmill Bandit

I did not mean to insult any one on here. Having said that i will say that my comment was intended as a push back on the insult that survivor is to all of us on here and to all the other people that live in north america.

Jeff

I said, Butt OUT. No one asked you to read this thread. No one here insulted you, and you are telling us, because we are discussing something you dont like it is an insult? We enjoy the show, We could care less if you do or not.

Mooseherder

There is a lot of great informative TV right now.  :)

Survivor is one of my favorites even though some of the people on each series get on my nerves like Howard Cosell used to do.  You run the gammit of suspense, scenerios, and drama.  The real world is a whole lot similiar to Survivor than most may admit.  The so called reality shows kinda get grouped all together unfairly with the Jersey Shore crowd.   That's too bad.

What some consider Reality shows is more of an educational exposure to the real world for me.
Here are a few series where I learned about other businesses that I would have never had any knowledge of before.  I hope this trend continues because in my opinion the decades of Police Shows were not any better. 
Here is what is on my DVR.
SwampPeople,  Gold Rush, Big Shrimpin', Mobsters, Moonshiners, Alaska State Troopers, Air Alaska, Weed Wars, How it's Made, Aerial America, BBQ Pit Masters, How The States Got Their Shapes, American Hoggers,  Lizard Lick and Bear Swamp Recovery.
There are some more but my point is. 
I learn something and get entertainment from all these so called reality shows.
You can't make up the characters on these shows.  They are natural. :)

Jeff

Air Alaska, I love that show. That Ariel Tweto's personality is great!

WDH

Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on December 15, 2011, 10:12:41 AM
The single most accurate depiction of the condition to which American society has decayed.

My bubble has been bursted  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Well Said!

Cedarman

Anyone guessing the final 3?  I am still for Ozzie, Coach and Cowboy.  Probably not cowboy though.  Most likely Sophie.

isawlogs

Soap operas I don't care for much , but this here is about as good as it gets. It does not air here so I need to go hunting on the net to get any info, you guys are better then that by a long shot, a bunch of hens in a coop.   :D :D  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

Coach [don't like him] Ozzie [got to give the guy credit] Cowboy/,Sophie that's a toss up but I think Sophie.

Roxie

Tonight is the marathon conclusion of this season, and is on from 8 to 11! 

My guess at the final three begins with Brandon beating Ozzy at the Redemption challenge.  Brandon goes back in and he, Albert and Cowboy Rick form a majority and knock out Coach and Sophie.  Based on these three remaining, Cowboy Rick wins.  Ozzy will win the fans favorite reward. 

Let the games begin!   8)
Say when

Cedarman

The final 3 are in.  Didn't figure Albert at all.
Coach has played a masterful game.  He gets my vote.  The editors and producers have done a masterful job of setting out all kinds of red herrings, but Coach's body language gave it all away.
Time for the final arguments.  A winner is not long in coming.

Thank You Sponsors!