iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Meadows Miller takes his first US tree down

Started by Banjo picker, September 12, 2011, 08:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

Chris was itching to put an American tree down...an I had one that needed to go...A nice big pine that had started to die in the top..

This pine was 64 years old...nice and straight...will turn in into rafters on the Cooks...

You can roll a pretty good log with a mill special....Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Roxie

Say when

fishpharmer

Thats a nice straight tree.  Well done! 8)

Tim, has he got you wearing a Lucas hat? ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thanks Tim  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)  That was a dang nice tree 48' in two 24's with only about 6-8 brances to limb off and i could have only got another 8' or 10' case grade log out of the head . I could cut trees like that every day n be a happy Bloke  ;)  . Ilke you said you are happy n proud that my first U.S tree was at your place I feel the same way Mate  :) :) ;)  ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

mad murdock

Way to go guys!  That is my kind of fun there 8) 8)Going to be some nice timbers in that one.  I guess with "work" like that to go to, it may be a while till Meadows Miller gets "homesick"!?! ;)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

treefarmer87

good job chris 8) that is a nice pine. i like cutting those, they dont have many limbs :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Banjo picker

Yes James ...you have got an eye on you for sure...That is the nicest hat I have...an its the Ausie version at that. 8)...That would be a nice mill to have...lots of oversized logs that no one else could cut around here...Would be a nice combo...Cooks in the shed and Lucas on the mobile stuff..Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

zopi

A day which will live in infamy...now let's throw a shrimp on the barbie....
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!