iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lenox blades

Started by wlf89, September 09, 2011, 06:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlf89

any one running lenox woodmaster c blades,12'x1-1/4 .o42 1.1t

i am having trouble with them breaking after 2 sharpings.
mill is set up as to the book. seems like the last two batches i have bought are junk.

i have 1 old blade left that i have had a long time before the last 2 batches, with at least 5 to 6 sharpings and cutting litepoles.
so im thinking it has somthing to do with the blades,not the mill.

what do yall think?

paul case

where are they breaking at? if it is at the weld it is a maker thing. talk to the folks who you buy them from. if it is in the gullet it could be a sharpening equipment malfunction. if you are using a sharpening service thye may need to know this. if you are the sharpener then you need to look at your sharpener and what it is doing to the gullet.   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Banjo picker

Welcome to the froum, I see this is your first post... 8) 8) 8)  I have used that blade in 1 1/2" and had no trouble with it....Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

wlf89

Quote from: paul case on September 09, 2011, 06:49:12 PM
where are they breaking at? if it is at the weld it is a maker thing. talk to the folks who you buy them from. if it is in the gullet it could be a sharpening equipment malfunction. if you are using a sharpening service thye may need to know this. if you are the sharpener then you need to look at your sharpener and what it is doing to the gullet.   pc
well i am new to sharpening them my dad always done the sharpening but he recently passed away but this problem was happening before then when he was still sharpening them but only on the last 2 batches,but like i said i have a couple older ones that still havent broke so im thinking its just the blades. but anyway anyone have any pointers on sharpening them i am usuing a norwood sharpener

ladylake

I've been using Simonds for 9 years now and did get 1 box of 10 where every one broke after the first sharpening, switched to 3/4 tooth spacing for a while and no more trouble with breaking blades.  After the saw shop got in a new batch of 7/8 went back to that with no troubles. I'd guess every manufactor will heve troubles once in a while... Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

woodmills1

I got one free lennox C at a show

I was amazed how good it cut

broke it  1 sharpen

just my experience not a full blown test
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!